Release status: stable
|Description||Port of the old Fandom skin.|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the Monaco skin if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix;|
Monaco is a skin originally developed by Fandom. The original port and can be downloaded here but a more recent one, which is compatible with at MediaWiki 1.35+ is available from Universal Omega No version before 1.35.0 is supported on this version.
- A variation of the Monaco skin with some compatibility fixes for the WikiEditor extension and Monobook/Vector styled buttons can be found here.
The fork by James Haley lists these new additions:
- A new Widgets framework which cooperates with Extension:Gadgets to allow sidebar content to be defined through the MediaWiki frontend.
- Special support for Extension:FlaggedRevs and Extension:MobileFrontend when they are installed.
- Wiki copyright notice is displayed in the footer of every page as with WikiMedia-maintained skins.
Roger Meier took that work and says he has added these features:
- First Version that support MediaWiki verison 1.31, but not tested
- Implementation of extending the Sidebar Menu with User and Group Sidebar Elements like Extension "DynamicSidebar"
1.35 and 1.36 support was added by Universal Omega in the most recent fork.
To install, install Monaco into a Monaco/ folder in your skins/ folder.
From the command line you can do this by cd'ing to your skins/ folder inside your MediaWiki installation and running "
git clone git://github.com/Universal-Omega/Monaco.git Monaco".
Once you have done that, add
wfLoadSkin( 'Monaco' ); to your