MediaWiki can be customized in several ways. It is distributed as GPL. You may thus contribute your own skins, extensions and patches.
- Configuration settings are defined in the
- Interface messages can be modified by editing their corresponding wiki page.
- Many community-provided extensions are available. They generally fall into one of these categories:
- MediaWiki is multilingual, and fully so with the Translate extension.
- The FAQ contains additional customization info.
- See also Manual:System administration.