Integrity quality freedom and open developer focus
- Jan '21 edition
- New release of Java Gearman plugin
- Gerrit upgrade! (3.3.6 → 3.3.9)
- Ahmon debugging of contint1001
- mwcli coolest tool honorable mention
- Production benchmarks of yaml parsing for MW
- New test environment progress for GitLab
- Plan for trusted runners coming together
- Scap prep auto working in beta (on the way to prod)
- CI-agents upgrade prep for stretch -> bullseye
- MWCLI progress and GoLand for IntelliJ
😶 Let's keep this empty
📅 Vacations/Important dates
- 3 Jan: New Years (observed—US Staff with reqs)
- 14–18 Jan: Tyler—getting PRK (long weekend, effectively)
- 17 Jan: Martin Luther King Jr Day (US Staff with reqs)
- 21 Jan: Tyler—eyeballs again
- 28 Jan: Jeena
- 1 Feb: Jaime's first day!
- 7-11 Feb: Antoine
- 9-10 Feb: Brennen—sitting in a hot spring
- 21 Feb: U.S. Presidents' Day (US Staff with reqs)
🚀 Onboarding Jaime
- Doc: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Release_Engineering_Team/Onboarding/Jaime
- Task list: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/5631/
- ^^ SOO EMPTY 😩
- Please add tasks!
📚 Book club/🍱 Lunch and Learn
- 18 Oct - wmf.5 - Antoine + Ahmon
- 25 Oct - wmf.6 - Mukunda + Antoine
- 1 Nov - wmf.7 - Dan + Mukunda
- 8 Nov - wmf.8 - NO TRAIN (Veteran's day Nov 11)
- 15 Nov - wmf.9 - Jeena + Dan
- 22 Nov - wmf.10 - NO TRAIN
- 29 Nov - wmf.11 - Brennen + Jeena
- 6 Dec - wmf.12 - Ahmon + Brennen
- 13 Dec - wmf.13 - Antoine + Ahmon
- 20 Dec - wmf.14 - NO TRAIN
- 27 Dec - wmf.15 - NO TRAIN
- 3 Jan - wmf.16 - Mukunda + Antoine
- 10 Jan - wmf.17 - Dan + Mukunda
- 17 Jan - wmf.18 - Jeena + Mukunda
- 24 Jan - wmf.19 - Brennen + Jeena
- 31 Jan - wmf.20 - Ahmon + Brennen
- 7 Feb - wmf.21 - Dan + Ahmon
- 14 Feb - wmf.22 - Antoine + Dan
- 21 Feb - wmf.23 - Jeena + Antoine (President's day on Monday)
- 28 Feb - wmf.24 - Ahmon + Jeena
- 6 Mar - wmf.25 - Antoine + Ahmon
- 13 Mar - wmf.26 - Jaime!!!! + Antoine
- 20 Mar - wmf.27 - Dan + Jaime
- 27 Mar - wmf.28 - Ahmon + Dan
📤 Train update email
- Sen?t by train conductor next week
Train Risky Patches Ideas
🦊 GitLab Update time!
- What is GitLab?
- An open-core venture-capital-backed clone of GitHub with more devops stuff
- How do I login to GitLab?
- https://gitlab.wikimedia.org + wikitech login
- A Yubikey makes life easier here.
- What about the underlying machines?
- Ganeti VMs
- gitlab1001.wikimedia,org, gitlab2001.wikimedia.org
- gitlab deb package runs chef!
- gitlab-ctl to do magic (rails console)
- Ask DZahn/Jelto/Arnold on ServiceOps
- What happens if someone asks me to do something in GitLab? Do I have powers?
- You are almost certainly an admin.
- Create new groups for users and projects
- We have gitlab.wikimedia.org/repos
- Anything that is an "official" project goes under /repos
- Not broken up by "team" but by "area"
- Open question: do we keep the "mediawiki/" namespace infrastructure
- There's a phab form
- Users are under /people
- These users can be added under project groups
- Pattern was stolen from KDE (like many things we're doing)
- Project layout won't change when people groups change
- Do we have a testing infrastructure?
- A rearrangement is in progress, moving to the devtools project: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T299561
- Previously gitlab-test, now moving to "dev-tools" project
- Quota request out there for "dev-tools"
- How do I change GitLab config?
- /etc/gitlab/gitlab.rb read by chef nonsense :D
- this is all managed in puppet
- Mostly we don't need to change those things
- There's another layer of settings in the database -- this is set via the admin interface -- also contrallable via the api (and, consequently, via releng/gitlab-settings)
- You'll need an API token for this
- Do we have runners for CI?
- Boy howdy.
- it's complicated...
- WMCS project: gitlab-runners (thanks Dan!)
- These runners are available to the projects in "/repos"
- Two other groups of runners
- Jelto working on "Trusted" runners to build images and artifacts for production
- Spinning up runners on public cloud k8s
Types of runners
- Instance wide
- Groups specific
- Assigned to a project
Runner configuration: change it in the UI