I want to take time off, what do I do?
- Put it in the weekly team meeting etherpad in the "Vacations/Confs/etc" section.
- Please do this as soon as you know/are sure of the time off.
- This helps us make sure we have effective coverage for our services (or at least we know what we're getting ourselves into).
- Put it in Google Calendar (so we don't schedule meetings with you).
- Set it to an "All day" event.
- But change the "Show you as" to "Busy" (from "Available").
- Have it repeat for the length of your vacation.
- Put it in the Phabricator calendar:
- This shows you're not available via a red dot next to your username everywhere (Maniphest, Differential, etc).
- Don't forget to add Release-Engineering-Team tag to the event.
- Put it in Namely. (non safeguard).
Safeguard employees should also notify their local Safeguard representative following the process specified by them. This may vary depending on in-country partner of Safeguard. If unsure, talk to your manager first informally, then send email to your manager, Safeguard (or their partner), with a cc to email@example.com. Your manager will reply with conformation and Safeguard will track it.