Wikimedia Product/Wikimedia Product Infrastructure team
The Wikimedia Product Infrastructure team is a subteam of the engineering group of Wikimedia Product.
Support Wikimedia Product's shared mission to build exceptional learning and reading experiences by enhancing MediaWiki's APIs and core features as well as promoting FLOSS development principles and practices.
- Develop and document a clear set of APIs so that developers can create applications that easily interface with MediaWiki
- Expose existing business logic to consumers via APIs
- Collaborate with Wikimedia Technology teams and the larger MediaWiki developer community to ensure that new features added to MediaWiki have APIs that fulfill current community standards
- See also: software component responsibilities
- Action API request analytics
- Machine vision middleware
- Product Analytics Infrastructure
- Mobile Content Service
- Page Content Service
- Proton: mw:Proton, wikitech:Proton
- Reading List Service
- Reading List browser extensions: for Chrome and Firefox; for Safari
- Related projects: RESTBase, Parsoid