This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on any information on this page.
This team does not exist anymore.
See Content Transform Team instead.
The Wikimedia Product Infrastructure team is a subteam of the engineering group of Wikimedia Product.
Support Wikimedia Product's shared mission to build exceptional learning and reading experiences by enhancing MediaWiki's APIs and core features as well as promoting FLOSS development principles and practices.
- Develop and document a clear set of APIs so that developers can create applications that easily interface with MediaWiki
- Expose existing business logic to consumers via APIs
- Collaborate with Wikimedia Technology teams and the larger MediaWiki developer community to ensure that new features added to MediaWiki have APIs that fulfill current community standards
- See also: software component responsibilities
Policies and procedures
- Software Engineer onboarding template
- API endpoint deprecation policy
- Service deployment process
- Action API request analytics
- Machine vision middleware
- Mobile Content Service
- Page Content Service
- Product Analytics Infrastructure
- Push Notifications Infrastructure
- Proton: mw:Proton, wikitech:Proton
- Reading List Service
- Reading List browser extensions: for Chrome and Firefox (active); for Safari (obsolete)
- Related projects: RESTBase, Parsoid
External to this team but good to know:
- MediaWiki at WMF has a diagram with a good overview of web request flow
- Infographics about our infrastructure