Talk:Design/Archive/Wikimedia Foundation Design/Agora Control Library
- What's the difference between http://ee-flow-extra.instance-proxy.wmflabs.org/w/resources/mediawiki.ui/docs/index.html and http://tools.wmflabs.org/styleguide/desktop/index.html , both linked from this page? Please achieve consistency.
- How can documentation outside the official documentation places such as www.mediawiki.org and doc.wikimedia.org (and even outside of the domains wikimedia.org and mediawiki.org) serve any meaningful purpose?
- Further to that, Special:LinkSearch and WhatLinksHere seem to indicate that those documents are abandoned or orphaned. Is anyone expected to find/read/use them and if yes how, or are they being deprecated? Thanks.
--Nemo 19:04, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
- Nemo, Thanks for the reminder to keep things clear and organized. http://tools.wmflabs.org/styleguide/desktop/index.html will be the style guide in the future, but it isn't quite ready for primetime, it is incomplete both in its structure and what styles it pulls in and displays, its a work in progress that we're sharing to show whats going on, once it contains a larger set up components and styles we'll begin depricating the other static pages. Jaredzimmerman (WMF) (talk) 22:37, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
Is our use of Tipsy documented anywhere on mediawikiwiki? I can't find anything, but I suspect it should be listed here in the section(s) "Flyout->Informational" and/or the "Notifications/toasters->Alerts".
It's mentioned a couple of times in UX standardization, but not linked.
- jquery.tipsy (a local fork of tipsy code) is in core and many extensions load it, but it doesn't give you the appearance and behavior specified in mockups like https://trello.com/c/vr0Oai8G. Like other Agora controls, the Flow discussion system is implementing this design (bug 62689 and more) and it ought to be in core eventually (another piece of bug 54360). -- S Page (WMF) (talk) 20:59, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
- tooltipsy is a different plugin, MediaWiki uses tipsy. --Tgr (WMF) (talk) 22:55, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
- @S Page (WMF), Tgr (WMF): Ah! Thank you. I've thrown that info together, at Tipsy, with a few additional links. Please link to it from wherever appropriate on this project page (maybe /Agora_Control_Library#Flyout?), and Update/fix/merge/delete as needed :) –Quiddity (talk) 05:54, 18 April 2014 (UTC)