Make links invisible, same color as text, to read without distractions
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Reply to "Make links invisible option, same color as text, to read without distractions"
Reply to "How do I get involved with the Design Team?"
About this board
The Wikimedia Foundation User Experience Design group is responsible for the look & feel of projects, from functional level to final pixel level released design. The UX group works closely with existing Wikimedians as well as new users to socialize our designs and plans, works with the Product Management group to establish product roadmaps.
For feedback on specific project please leave a message on the talk page of those projects, you can get in touch with members of the design team on their talk pages as well.
Make links invisible option, same color as text, to read without distractions
How do I get involved with the Design Team?
- Join the Design mailing list
- Help with Micro Design Improvements
- Join the Design mailing list
- Review, fix, or create Bugzilla design bugs
- If you decide to take on or propose some design improvements, the best way to get feedback from the design team is to create a card for your work on a special trello board where the designs and the community can give feedback.
What projects is the Design team currently working on?
You can check out our Trello board to see active projects, "Focus" take up 80% of our time and "Explore" projects take up the other 20%
I only see "Freezer" and "Explore" boards. Does it mean that "Focus" was renamed into "Freezer"?
The project-management tasks are in the middle of being migrated from Trello to Phabricator (the new centralized replacement for a number of systems, including Trello and Bugzilla).
The WMF Design team's new workboard is at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/board/57/ and the task tracking their migration is at phab:T832.
They've cleared up the old "Focus" column, and just need to migrate the "Freezer" and "Explore" columns. (There's a script to do it, once they've had a chance to do some final cleanup at Trello - merging useful notes/comments into the main description, etc.).
I believe the tasks that were previously in "Focus", are now attached to the individual projects (e.g. VisualEditor), rather than in this separate board (Hopefully Jared will correct that, if I'm mistaken. :)
Hope that helps.
I Cant make my profile
After all open issues have been moved from Trello to our bug tracker Phabricator, there is the Design workboard with all tasks tagged “Design”. It might give a rough overview, but is not curated on daily base. As example for more topic-focussed workboards there is UI Standardization or related Accessibility.
Current product goals, where Design team or members are strongly involved can be found at Wikimedia Audiences Goals overview.
What does the logo mean?
The previous logo image on this page was purely abstract. The new design team logo has some abstract parts, but also what seems like a rather arbitrary collection of icons as well. The wikipedia W I understand of course, but why are there two weird inkblots, a telescope, a cookie (or maybe the moon?), and a ...boomerang? Is there maybe a pun in all that, or is it one of those image-word puzzles (that I am not getting)?
Thank you for your question! Abstract visuals are intended to have room for interpretations. The ink blots refer to our visual design principles The coloured dots are the colour palette for our products. the illustrations are from Wikipedia15 illustration pack. The story behind the illustration is to emphasise on the wonderful and serendipitous content of Wikipedia. We use them to refer to our second design principle "Content first". Simply put, content, collaboration, aesthetics, accessibility, and consistency are important to the design team at the Foundation. I hope this answers your question.
UX job openings at WMF
There are currently some job openings in the WMF's UX team, that might be of interest to someone here, or you might know someone to nudge. Hope that helps. :)
Thanks for the message, I transfert to some UX designer.
There are no older topics