I activated the Beta of PHP7 today and tried to give it a go.
However, on my second (third?) edition, after I have tried to preview the article, my mouse went mad and everything I clicked or hovered on had some sort of offset compared to where the pointer actually is. For instance, if I wanted to click on the preview button, I had to have the mouse over the text edition zone, This offset changed every time I managed to preview or review my changes, without a clear pattern.
Also, this offset only applied inside the web page, not on Mozilla Firefox window (v65.0.2 64bits, it got that far?!), nor on my Windows computer.
Ultimately, I had to abandon the changes, because when I wanted to preview one last time before publishing them, all the edition zone and more generally the bottom of the page (including some of the article) went blank, like if someone cut it clean. Therefore, without the magic button :'(...
I did not register to any other beta (the last one about mixing wikicode editor and the visual one's toolbar gave me the itches, due to how fearful the publish-but-you-can-also-preview-and-review-changes button is). However I do use some gadgets, which are :
- AncreTitres : Adds links to copy in the clipboard the internal links or URLs to reach directly a section.
- ArchiveLinks : Adds a link to [archive] next to every external link, pointing to a cached version. This is actually a gadget??
- LastContrib : Indicates on page loading whether it has been modified recently or not, to avoid nasty conflicts. Never saw it, to be honest.
- DotsSyntaxHighlighter : More colorful colors on the wikicode editor.
- MonobookToolbarStandard : Adds the standard buttons during the -layouting? in French it's "mise en forme"- when editing an article. The question is, what is the standard? And why is it not standard to have the standard buttons?
- DeluxeHistory : More colorful colors in the history!
- Wdsearch : Don't actually know what it does; maybe it was on by default when I registered? Description is talking about adding Wikidata when researching on Wikou and add them at the bottom of the page. When I think about it, if I don't know what it does, why do I have it x_x.
- Accessibilité : A toolbox for accessibility on the left menu.
- Oh and not in the gadget menu, but I have the fast preview enabled to avoid a full page refresh every time I want to preview/review.
In my opinion, none of the gagdets are responsible for that. I mean, they've been on for more than a year and more than 365 edits, so the reverse would be surprising.