Note how the sample unblock request is signed. ~~~~
Here's a bug
lua / maps issue
"The is showing "Syntax error" as an output for all instances of its use (for example, and ."
When previewing the page, it seems that toggling php7 beta feature triggers this error.
This might be the same issue as T214984?
I fixed trailing comma's https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Template:Highway_system_OSM_map&diff=prev&oldid=882181669
and an incorrect value: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Template:OSM_Location_map/Labelitem&diff=prev&oldid=882186194 (wikicode generated the literal 0 + 1, but json doesn't do calculations ;)
This seems to fix it. Interesting that the inline comments did not cause a validation error.
Lines appearing in "pending changes"-protected pages while enabling en-wp's Legacy Toolbar gadget and using IE11
Realized that it's not the fault of PHP7 but the gadget itself.
Open Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, especially if you have either Microsoft Windows 7 or 8
- The PHP7 Beta feature should be enabled.
- Then go to "Gadget" tab in Preferences
- Un-check the "Enable the editing toolbar" (2010 wikitext editor) to disable the toolbar
- When the editor goes back to the default/2003, toolbar-less editor, checkmark the "Enable the legacy (2006) editing toolbar" option
- Go to any page listed under w:en:Special:StablePages
Use the mouse scroll wheel, i.e. mouse scroller, to scroll down the if your mouse has one. Expected result: The lines should not appear around the editor. Actual result: The lines appear when scrolling down and then up (seen in the below picture). The lines then disappears when:
- the mouse pointer moves out of the editor (with the Legacy toolbar enabled)
- you press the "Enter" key within the editor
- you press "Page Down"/"PgDown" and/or the "Page Up"/"PgUp" key
- you use a mouse to highlight any text within the editor
I wanted to take this to the Phabricator, but the gadget is not part of the Mediawiki software. I decided to describe the issue here instead.
I found out that it's the gadget itself, not the PHP7. I disabled the PHP7, and I found the same results.
What interest for the wikisource contributor ?
Added a FAQ entry.
Hi, we have recently seen this Beta feature appear on wikisource, and like all beta features, I gave it a try... but I don't see any difference, nor do I understand what it should do.
Could you please explain ?
It is a technical backend thing. Not seeing any difference is, in this case, ideal. It shows that using a different piece of software to run the wiki's code is not breaking anything noticeable.
OK, the thins is a PHP7 tag appears in log of Recent modifications, and there has been no explanations about it... admins and patrollers were a little anxious :)
I have added an entry to the Q&A section. You'd think by now I would know how translations work around here, but I don't, so it might not show up right in translations. If someone reading this knows what to do please help :)
LOL I see what you mean ! I'm always in trouble with it too...
I am amazed by the possibility to enable something as deeply server-side as PHP7 in the beta preferences, with a single click, for only those who would like to participate in the beta project. Thank you for making both PHP7 and this beta test possible.
I haven't looked into the mechanism in use but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a simple cookie or something that indicates to varnish to send to a different server, or to apache to handle differently or something. But yes, yay for testing new stuff.
PHP7 Timeout causes plaintext warning
MediaWiki internal error.
Original exception: [XEparwpAIC0AAKvnybwAAACB] 2019-01-25 00:40:33: Fatal exception of type "Wikimedia\Rdbms\DBQueryError"
Exception caught inside exception handler.
Set $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; at the bottom of LocalSettings.php to show detailed debugging information.
The timeout is nothing new, my preferences show 1000 entries by default, and that's too much for 60 seconds. Wondering if PHP7 accelerates this process enough to finish within 60 seconds, I opened the page, and received plaintext instead of the "usual" warning design. I guess this is relatively intentional and can be ignored.