I just got invited to try the feature on Wikidata, but no filter I expected to be there could be found:
- I typed "item" and expected to get a filter for changes made in the main namespace.
- I typed "property" and expected to get a filter for the Property:… namespace.
- When scrolling through the list of filters it appears like there is no possibility to filter by namespaces at all. I'm aware the old namespace selection is still there, below the new filter box. It took me a while to notice and understand these two work together somehow, even if I can't fully predict how (e.g. it seems like the old namespace filter reloads the page, while the new filters don't). I assume other users might run into the same confusion.
- I typed "redir" and expected to get a filter for changes in which redirects are involved.
- In general it seems the filters currently there are more about the quality of the edits, not about what is actually edited. This would be especially useful on Wikidata where it is possible to distinguish between edits made to a label, a sitelink, a statement, or terms in a specific language. All these might be extremely handy, but I understand they are specific to Wikidata and can't come out of the box but must be created later, probably even by the Wikidata team.