Help:New filters for edit review/FAQ
|Note: When you edit this page, you agree to release your contribution under the CC0. See Public Domain Help Pages for more info.
|Edit Review Improvements (ERI)|
- 1 What changes with this Beta feature?
- 2 How can I help the deployment?
- 3 I want to enable ORES predictions on my wiki
- 4 I want to hide ORES highlighting
- 5 I'm missing some features, what's planned next?
- 6 How to opt-out the filters and keep the old interface active?
- 7 Is it possible to have the filters list smaller?
What changes with this Beta feature?
On wikis that have the ORES Beta feature
The ORES beta feature is available in your Beta preferences on your wiki. When the deployment will be done:
- Users who has enabled the ORES beta feature are now using the New filters for RC Beta feature (no action needed, unless if you want to opt-out).
- ORES predictions highlighting is activated by default for all users (not in Beta anymore).
- It is symbolized by a "r" in the RecentChanges pages, for all users.
- Users who want to change the accuracy level of ORES predictions can do so in their preferences, on their wiki.
On wikis that haven't ORES beta feature
Anyway, the new filtering and highlighting options are a great plus to help you to triage the recent changes.
How can I help the deployment?
There is many ways to help: spread the word, translate the documentation and the interface and provide feedback.
If you start a community discussion about the new filters, or if you want to provide feedback after you have tried the new filters, please ping
user:Trizek (WMF) or leave a message on the feedback page. You can leave messages in any language, answers will very probably be done in English. Concerning feedback, especially for bugs reporting, don't forget to add the relevant information needed: browser version, possible gadgets you use, detailed actions you have tried to achieve...
You can also translate the documentation, starting with the main page, or the interface. Interface translation is done on TranslateWiki. Filter the messages to find
I want to enable ORES predictions on my wiki
Please go to Meta wiki and follow the instructions (in English).
I want to hide ORES highlighting
This feature is only available on wikis where the New filters for Edit review are available as a Beta feature, but you haven't opted-in for this Beta feature. In this case, in Recent Changes, Watchlist or any list where changes are listed, you can see all bad-faith intent changes highlighted by a red letter. There is also a pale yellow background that you can opt-in, in your preferences, in the Watchlist tab.
On the wiki where you want to custom ORES predictions highlighting, go to your personal CSS file and copy/paste on it the following codes that you need:
- Change the color of the warning letter (to black)
- Hide the Letter
I'm missing some features, what's planned next?
Our other focus right now is to look at what changes will be needed to spread the new filtering interface to other review pages, especially Watchlist. You can have a look at the project page to have more information about future changes.
How to opt-out the filters and keep the old interface active?
You can opt out of the new filters by going to the "Opt out" section at the bottom of Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-rc on the wikis you are active on.
Is it possible to have the filters list smaller?
You can add the following script to your common.js page to do so:
Please do not "fix" the File: link in the comment; it is like that on purpose. It is meant to allow us to see how many people use the script.