Release status: stable
|Description||Adds parser functions for listing recently created and edited articles.|
|Latest version||1.6 (2020-04-13)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
The RecentActivity extension allows the generation of lists of recently created articles or recent edits either by anyone, or by a specific user. By default it will give five results ordered by most recent first in a bullet list format.
- Download extension from GitLab and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'RecentActivity' );
- Configure as required.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing this extension using
If you need to install this extension on these earlier versions (MediaWiki 1.24 and earlier), instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'RecentActivity' );, you need to use:
- By default, articles that are members of the Excluded from RecentActivity category will not be shown in the list. The category used to exclude articles can be customized by assigning the string as a value to
- Show the last five articles that have been edited
- Show the last five articles that have been created
- Show the last five articles that have been created by user Foo
- Show the last ten articles that have been edited
- Show the last five articles that have been edited, each preceded by two asterisks (useful for putting in treeviews)