Extension talk:RecentActivity

Jump to navigation Jump to search

About this board

Feature request: Select by namespace

Varnent (talkcontribs)

It would be wonderful if you could also select by namespace rather than only exclude by category.

Reply to "Feature request: Select by namespace"
2A02:8106:2A:6F00:98A9:8BF5:12CC:B512 (talkcontribs)

The extension find also all new uploaded media (Pictures, Files). When i create a new article the extension will find the articles an all of the uploaded pictures i used.

i would like to see only the articles and no media.

i can see in the source code that a "filter by categorie" is already build in.

i try to change the code for that ... but i did not understand how i can filter the database query for this. i use (dirty) a simple string search to filter this after the query.

Very bad solution.

Any Ideas how to filter "Media:" Content out?

Kghbln (talkcontribs)

@Lucamauri: You recently have done cool work for this extension. I also see valid use cased to filter out certain namespaces. Perhaps you could give it a shot. :)

Lucamauri (talkcontribs)
Kghbln (talkcontribs)

Thanks a lot. No worries. We all know that this is volunteer effort. Having the possibility not just to filter by category but by namespace will be a really great improvement. We will sit tight. :)

Reply to "Filter Database search"
Summary by Kghbln

Use the recently released version 1.5 for best experience.

Kghbln (talkcontribs)

@Vishkujo: I saw that you marked this extension as unstable, i.e. not working with MW 1.33+. May I ask you what error you are seeing, or what the server is logging as an error?

Vishkujo (talkcontribs)

I was getting this: Error: invalid magic word 'RecentActivity' (talkcontribs)

Efectivamente no funciona en la 1.34 tampoco. si se comenta la instrucción $wgExtensionFunctions[]        = 'efSetupRecentActivity'; ya no da errores, pero es como si no estuviera.

It doesn't work in 1.34 either. if the $ wgExtensionFunctions [] = 'efSetupRecentActivity' statement is commented; It no longer gives errors, but it is as if it were not there.

Kghbln (talkcontribs)
Lucamauri (talkcontribs)

I have modified the extension code to better follow MediaWiki's standard extension guidelines, to fix the reported issue and a few others I found along the way. My fix is hosted in this fork https://gitlab.com/lucamauri/extensions as it is impossible for me access the current extension repository that seems to be in private Git service.

I hope @Nad can help integrating those modification in the current repository, or move it back to a public Git service so we can contribute directly.

Kghbln (talkcontribs)

Thanks a lot. Indeed, having this is the main repo will be great!

Lucamauri (talkcontribs)

Nad fixed the repository, so the extension is now working with recent MediaWiki versions.

Kghbln (talkcontribs)

Cool, thanks a lot!

There are no older topics