Release status: beta
|Description||draw.io editor integration|
|Translate the DrawioEditor extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
This is a MediaWiki extension that integrates the draw.io flow chart editor and allows inline editing of charts.
The source and full documentation is available on GitHub: https://github.com/mgeb/mediawiki-drawio-editor
Please read these warnings carefully before use:
- The actual editor functionality is loaded from draw.io. This code only provides integration.
- This plugin is quite new and probably still has bugs, so it may or may not work with your installation.
- draw.io chart creation and editing.
- SVG and PNG support. The file type can be configured globally and changed on a per-image basis.
- Image files are transparently stored in the standard wiki file store, you don't need to worry about them.
- Versioning is provided by the file store, revert to an older version of the chart at any time.
- Draw.io original XML data is stored within the image files, so only one file must be stored per chart.
- Supports multiple charts per page.
- Supports relative and fixed chart dimensions.
- When you intend to use SVG which is recommended, you might want to install Extension:NativeSvgHandler too. Also you need a browser that supports SVG.
- While displaying charts may work in older browsers, especially when using PNG (SVG is default and recommended), saving charts requires a fairly recent browser.
- Clone this extension from GitHub into a folder named DrawioEditor within your wiki's extensions folder:
git clone https://github.com/mgeb/mediawiki-drawio-editor DrawioEditor
- Activate the plugin in LocalSettings.php
Add the following to any wiki page to insert a draw.io chart:
Save the page and you'll see a placeholder with an Edit link on its top right. Click it to start the draw.io editor.
Please head over to GitHub for further usage instructions and examples: https://github.com/mgeb/mediawiki-drawio-editor#usage
See also[edit source]
- DrawioEditor GitHub Repository including the full Documentation
- Anja Ebersbach: draw.io für MediaWiki und BlueSpice – Kollaborativ erstellte Zeichnungen, Hallo Welt! Blog on July 11, 2017. (german)