BlueSpice is an open source MediaWiki enterprise distribution. It enhances MediaWiki, in particular in the following areas: quality management, process support, administration, rights management, editing, security, and social content. BlueSpice is used worldwide as a platform for collaborative knowledge management, as a knowledge base in customer support and as an uncomplicated tool for documentation and handbooks.
Enhanced Editing Options
Navigation & Search
Process Support & Quality Management
Administration & Permissions Management
BlueSpice is distributed in three editions: free, pro and farm. All BlueSpice editions are based on MediaWiki.
BlueSpice bundles numerous extensions. Many of them are written and maintained by Hallo Welt!. Besides this, there are many extensions from third-party developers part of the BlueSpice distribution. The current volume of the different distributions is described in the official BlueSpice software catalog.
BlueSpice free is the free version and entry level solution for businesses, but it is also intended as a free ready-made solution for non-profit organizations. It adds lots of user-friendly features and supplements it with a multitude of helpful functions for teams and small businesses.
These functions include
- an optimized user interface design,
- high-performance search (Elasticsearch),
- rights management,
- improved system security, and
- integration and connection options via an API.
BlueSpice pro is the business-critical solution with comprehensive functionalities, a growing number of available extensions and long-term support – updates and patches are also included. It is available as BlueSpice pro Cloud and On Premises.
The additional functions to BlueSpice free include
- quality assurance,
- working with approvals,
- PDF manuals with export function,
- semantic features for working with forms and meta information, and
- a blog and comment function for team collaboration.
BlueSpice farm is a scalable solution for creating and managing multiple wikis on one server.
The additional functions to BlueSpice pro include
- one-click installation of new wiki instances
- push & merge
- language selection
- extended search
BlueSpice free can be downloaded from the following sourcesː
- BlueSpice Website
- BlueSpice Helpdesk
- Richard Heigl: BlueSpice MediaWiki vs. Confluence – the wiki alternatives, BlueSpice Blog, 17th and 18th of May 2017
- Professional individual developers and companies offering MediaWiki-related services. Other service providers
- Software bundles and MediaWiki distributions for the enterprise. More distributions
- List of enterprise wiki software at Wikipedia
- MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group. Hallo Welt! is a member