Wikipedia Education Program/status
Last update on: 2013-04-28
Jeroen De Dauw started to work on a MediaWiki extension to support the Wikipedia Education Program; the implementation of course, term and institution management has been completed, and a test wiki is available.
Institution and course management is done, and so are student and instructor workflows. Logging has been implemented and work on revision history support has started. Several UI improvements have been made including using a tab interface similar to regular articles and use of WikiEditor for textfields in which wikitext can be entered.
- Merged master courses with courses for simplicity.
- Implemented revision history. One can now see and browse through a list of old revisions and view courses and institutions as they where at one of these.
- Replaced special pages for courses and institutions by corresponding namespaces for more standard behavior and having discussion tabs.
Jeroen De Dauw implemented many features, like institution & course management, and instructor & student workflows. He also implemented logging and revision histories.
- Added ambassador profiles.
- Added lists of ambassadors.
- Created personalized course listing for students, instructors and ambassadors on Special:MyCourses.
- Added ability for students to disenroll from courses and for instructors to remove students from courses.
- Added ability for students to list articles they are working on and for people to associate themselves as reviewer for these articles.
- Imported some existing data to the demo wiki for beta testing.
- Improved handling of deleted articles.
- Improved logging.
- People can now mark changes to courses and institutions as minor edit and provide an edit summary, much like when editing regular articles.
Jeroen De Dauw implemented a lot of new features, including ambassador profiles, personalized course listing for students, instructors and ambassadors, and article listing for students.
Jeroen De Dauw and Sam Reed finished review. Extension has been deployed, but temporarily disabled again due to a namespace/title conflict with a Star Trek: Voyager episode ("Course: Oblivion"!). This should be resolved shortly.
The extension is still disabled, pending resolution of namespace issues. The Education Program team has been presenting at various conferences around the world.
No update this month.
Proyecto sobre traducción automática del Inglés a idiomas de "Pueblos Originarios". User:cachaM
Helping Students with definitions