Existem várias maneiras de entrar em contato com outros usuários MediaWiki, ou conseguir ajuda instantânea. As possibilidades recomendadas estão listadas abaixo.
Isto é o que a maioria dos contribuidores do MediaWiki fazem no seu primeiro dia:
- Register and add some info about yourself in your user page.
- Follow the News and our social media channels.
- Subscribe to mediawiki-l mailing list and perhaps more.
- Join more. IRC channel and perhaps
- Make sure you have an email confirmed and email notifications enabled in your mediawiki.org preferences.
- "Watch" (click the star icon of) the pages you want to follow and perhaps contribute to.
- All the better if you find a MediaWiki Group that matches your location or interests!
- Please read the FAQ before asking.
- State your problem immediately and wait for a response. Don't ask "is there anyone here" or "can someone help me". This is normal IRC etiquette and allows participants to multitask effectively.
- Expect to wait for some time for an initial response, especially in off-peak times. Despite this, out of courtesy for the volunteer who is helping you, try to answer their questions promptly.
Se não obtiver resposta, isto pode significar uma de várias coisas:
- Nobody was around at the time of day you chose. If the channel is generally quiet, come back later.
- You're asking a question which nobody knows the answer to, or which requires a lot of work to answer.
- You're asking a question which is in the FAQ, the help, the manual, or other documentation, and the volunteers in the channel feel it would be best if you found it yourself.
Perguntas relacionadas com problemas na sua instalação particular do MediaWiki obtêm melhor resposta no IRC, porque normalmente exigem uma troca de perguntas e respostas para isolar o problema, que é tediosa quando feita nas listas de divulgação.
Listas de divulgação
There are several mailing lists available. The recommended ones are:
- mediawiki-l (or via Gmane) (or via your newsreader) is the high-traffic mailing list to ask for support.
- wikitech-l (or via Gmane) (or via your newsreader) is the high-traffic mailing list for software development, especially when it relates to Wikimedia (not just MediaWiki) wikis.
- mediawiki-announce (or via Gmane) (or via your newsreader) is a low-traffic list for announcements of new MediaWiki releases and security updates (all messages also go to mediawiki-l).
Please check the archives first! All three lists are also available through Gmane which provides access as newsgroups or in various web-based formats, and includes its own archives and archive search.
Siga as contas do MediaWiki:
More details at Social media.
Sites na internet
- Wikimedia's Meta-Wiki was formerly where documents were managed and proposals were discussed before this site was started. There is still a lot of content there that has yet to be moved.
- Bugzilla is where feature requests and bugs may be reported or browsed.
Para ajuda com o software MediaWiki
Pode também colocar perguntas na página de apoio técnico, embora esta seja menos frequentada do que as outras fontes de ajuda aqui listadas.