Release status: stable
|Author(s)||MusikAnimal, Matthewrb, Samwilson|
|Latest version||3.18.6 (2023-08-16)|
|Issues:||Open tasks · Report a bug|
XTools is a suite of statistics tools for Wikimedia wikis, users, pages, and more.
- Eedit Coonter (link) – Analysis o uiser contreibutions
- Page history (link) – Get various statistics aboot the heestory o a page
- Authorship (link) – Authorship attribution, measured by character count, excluding spaces
- Airticle blamer (link) – Find addeetion o text in a page heestory
- Global Contributions (link) – Get edits made by a user across all projects
- Pages creatit (link) – Get pages that hae been creatit bi a user
- Tap eedits (link) – Get eedits bi a user, either Tap eedits per namespace or eedits per page
- Automatit eedits (link) – Automatit eedits wi kent tuils
- Category Edits (link) – Analysis of contributions made to specific categories
- AdminStats (link) – Shaw statistics o admin actions
- Steward Stats (link) – Show statistics of steward actions
- Patroller Stats (link) – Show statistics of patroller actions
- Largest Pages (link) – List the largest pages on a project
- Admin Score (link) – Score indicating a user's readiness for adminship
- Edit Summaries (link) – Analysis of edit summary usage
- Simple Counter (link) – A quick and simple edit counter
The XTools ArticleInfo gadget can quickly show you statistics about a page in real-time. It works on all skins, wikis, and will be localized to the wiki's language. These statistics are shown just below the page header. Example:
The available statistics, from left to right:
- Quality assessment icon, if possible. Only available in specific projects.
- Number of revisions.
- Date the page was created, linking to the initial revision.
- Time since the last edit, linking to the diff.
- Number of editors to the page.
- Number of page watchers. If this is not shown, there are less than 30 watchers.
- Number of pageviews in the past 30 days, linking to Pageviews Analysis.
- Editor who created the page, and their edit count (linking to their contributions).
- Link to view full page statistics in XTools.
On some wikis this tool may be available in your gadget preferences.
If it is not, you can install the gadget globally by browsing to meta:Special:MyPage/global.js and adding the following code to the end, on a new line:
Alternatively, you can install the script on a single wiki by browsing to Special:MyPage/common.js (on the desired wiki) and pasting in the same code above.
- Edits made through Structured Discussions (also known as Flow) are not detectable by XTools (phab:T69397)
- For performance reasons, some tools may return limited or no data for users with a very high edit count. See XTools/Opting in to restricted statistics for more information.
- See XTools/API