Wikimedia Release Engineering Team/Local Dev/Updates
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page contains updates on local development environment projects.
How to get involved
We welcome your thoughts and contributions! If you have comments or ideas to share, please use this project's talk page.
Update 2021-01-26: [MediaWiki-Docker] Split PHP-FPM and Apache containers
- New PHP and Apache images were published from dev-images
- docker-compose.yml and DEVELOPERS.md were updated accordingly in core
- Upgraded to Xdebug 3.x
Update 2020-12-03: [MediaWiki-Docker] mw docker cli additions
- Docker-compose exec feature was added to the mw docker cli (phab:T262370)
- Error handling for the mw docker cli was updated so that errors will always be displayed. Verbosity levels were reduced to 2.
Update 2020-10-02: [MediaWiki-Docker] Support for rest.php and VisualEditor
- The MediaWiki-Docker working directory was changed to support using rest.php (phab:T261051)
- The apache config for the MediaWiki base image was updated to support loading pages with slashes in the title in visual editor (phab:T262392)
Update 2020-09-28: Verbosity levels added to mw docker cli commands
- 3 levels of verbosity were added to the mw docker cli commands so that users can choose how much information they would like to be provided by the cli