Wikimedia Release Engineering Team/Deployment pipeline/2019-06-20
Jump to navigation Jump to search
TODOs from last time
- TODO various attack vectors document to start
- In progress TODO: support documention like the one tyler did for the portal and pipeline/helmfile and deployment
- Martyav reached out on wiki https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Deployment_pipeline
- there may be a meeting?
- brennen reached out
- Attending RelEng SSD meeting (on Tuesday)
- Kartotherian/tilerator folks reached out
- kartotherian is a meta repository of tightly coupled bits of code
- is now a mono repo
- Still using upstream Kartotherian
- Moving hosting to docker/k8s
- Talked about Q1 a month ago (cf: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Release_Engineering_Team/Deployment_pipeline/2019-05-23#Q1_things )
- Still accurate?
- changeprop, mcs
- carryover cpjobqueue
- Also talked about RESTRouter
- Still accurate?
- SRE will not be able to put in as many resources as before for deploying things into the pipeline.
- Will be in a more supporting role, expecting more work from those who develop services.
- In progress blubber policy file
- chart https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/operations/deployment-charts/+/517573/ (thank you for feedback!)
- blubber change the first https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/blubber/+/516671/ (just landed)
- need to bump blubber "version:" to v4 for next release -- this will result in some patches for repos
- Port restbase chart from local-charts
- https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/operations/deployment-charts/+/517557/ (thank you for feedback!)
- is this the same thing as RESTRouter? no.
- RESTRouter is an API aggregator
- The other piece is talking with cassandra and storing information
- We need feedback from Marko
- Other feedback needed since it is a change from the established patterns of other charts
- CI arch doc v2
- Thanks for the feedback so far
- Should be ready this week, did not quite make it for this meeting
- Will be linking to new version from the old one
- Termbox SSR deployed \o/
- WMDE training given
- getting rid of scap-helm, changes about helmfile in gerrit https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/operations/puppet/+/517888/ and https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/operations/deployment-charts/+/517887/. Alex to review
- (Semi-OT) PHP7 now blocked on coming up with a way (in scap?) to fix PHP's opcache issues.
- Blubberoid doesn't have metrics. Would integration with Prometheus be helpful?
- TODO Tyler to open a ticket for this. It shouldn't be very difficult.
- No update, CPT off-site week.