Wikimedia Developer Summit/2017/Remote Participation
|Watch live broadcast for available sessions via YouTube and participate in the discussion via IRC. Check the full Program Schedule here.|
The Wikimedia Developer Summit will be hosted in San Francisco on January 9-11, 2017. Registration is now closed with 172 participants, but remote participation is still possible for anyone interested.
Some selected sessions from Monday, January 9th, and Tuesday, January 10th will be live-streamed between 11:20 am - 5:30 pm PST.
How to participate?
Before the summit
- If you are planning on participating remotely, please fill out the sign-up form. As we get closer to the event; we’ll send you event reminders and instructions on how to participate remotely.
- Choose the session you are interested in from the Program Schedule. Go to the associated Phabricator task and join the discussion by commenting on the task.
During the summit
- View a live broadcast via YouTube, participate in the discussion via IRC, and ask questions directly to the speakers. Links are now available on the Program Schedule.
- Hack on projects during the Get Stuff Done Day on Wednesday. Hang out on IRC channel #wmhack connect and offer your skill-sets or help answer questions!
- Set up Phabricator to notify when tasks in your interest areas are updated. You can stay involved in the discussions and interact directly with session leaders and participants.
After the summit
- Share how the remote experience was for you by filling out a short survey form that you'll receive after the event.
- Continue to follow and discuss topics of interest on Phabricator.
- Follow Wikimedia mailing list wikitech-l for updates on everything related to the technical side of Wikimedia including tech talks and future events.
Remote Participant Advocates
You will be able to contact event organizers and remote participant advocates who have volunteered to help keep you connected throughout the event.
|Name||IRC Nick||I can help you with.....|
|Rachel Farrand||rfarrand||I am the main event organizer, if I am online I can help you with anything you need regarding your remote participation experience!|
|Srishti Sethi||srishakatux||I am the event organizer. Ping me on #wikimedia-devrel connect for any questions you might have about how to participate remotely.|
|Melody Kramer||melodykramer||I am "remote DJing" the conference for remote attendees. Ping me on #wikimedia-devrel connect with questions, or on Twitter @mkramer!|
(other remote participant advocates who will be in-person at the Summit, please sign up above!)
If you are planning on participating remotely add your name below, and DO NOT FORGET to fill out the sign-up form. That way, we'll be able to send you event reminders and instructions as we get closer to the event.
- Felipe Schenone
- Anirudh S
- Shivaram AC
- Andra Waagmeester
- Tony Thomas
- Vrunda Gadesha
- Henrique Andrade
- Andrei Cipu
- Zhou Zhou
- Gilles Dubuc
- Apoorva Bhalla
- Srijan Agarwal
- Tobias Schönberg
- Afroz Ahamad
- Saptak Sengupta
- Srikar Kashyap Pulipaka
- Jnanaranjan Sahu
- Amit Kumar Jaiswal
- Maybe for some session. --Nemo 22:00, 7 January 2017 (UTC)
- Abbe98 (talk) 22:25, 7 January 2017 (UTC)
- Amalia Renteria
- BrillLyle (talk)
- Albin Larsson
- Amalia Renteria
- Steve Slevinski
- Pete Forsyth