Wikimedia Developer Summit
||Lessons learned from the Wikimedia Developer Summit 2017 can be found here: Wikimedia Developer Summit 2017/Lessons Learned|
Wikimedia Developer Summit welcomes all Wikimedia technical contributors, third-party developers, and users of MediaWiki and the Wikimedia APIs. This is an invitation-only and free-of-charge event. The discussion starts online months before, as proposals for topics are being submitted and discussed at the #wikidev17 project in Wikimedia Phabricator. Scholarship funding for this event comes from the Wikimedia Foundation's Technical Collaboration Team and Wikimedia Deutschland's Software Development Department. Participants of this event agree to follow the Friendly Space Policy.
When? January 9–11, 2017 – San Francisco
Social tag #WikiDev17
The Wikimedia Developer Summit consists of:
- two days of sessions organized in a pre-scheduled Program and an Unconference — see Call for participation.
- a totally unscheduled third day to Get Stuff Done.
These are the main topics (but not the only ones) that are selected for this edition:
- A plan for the Community Wishlist 2016 top results
- Handling wiki content beyond plaintext
- Building on Wikimedia services: APIs and Developer Resources
- How to manage our technical debt
- Artificial Intelligence to build and navigate content
- How to grow our technical community
These topics have guided the Program committee, the call for participation, and our scholarships for volunteer developers.
Links and resources