Wikimedia Developer Summit/2018
Lessons Learned from the Wikimedia Developer Summit 2018 Feedback Survey can be found here: Wikimedia Developer Summit/2018/Lessons Learned
- 1 Wikimedia Developer Summit: Technology for the Movement Strategy
The intention of this year’s Summit is to provide input for Phase 2 of the movement strategy process. Each session will produce a recommendation for inclusion in the Phase 2 process. Read the Thematic overview here. Participants of this event agree to follow the Friendly Space Policy and the Code of Conduct for Wikimedia Technical Spaces.
Registration for the Wikimedia Developer Summit 2018 is closed and we are not able to accommodate any more participants.
The program committee has been busy at work reviewing position statements themes and narrowing them down into main topic areas
Here is the final list of session topics for the Wikimedia Developer Summit. Each topic will have a small team of "Topic Leaders" those people will help facilitate around the topic before, during and after the Summit. The participants of each session are expected to share their thoughts and be active participants. We are looking for a two-way discussion and not a lecture type sessions. See communications to topic leaders here: Wikimedia Developer Summit/2018/Communications
- phab:T183315 - notes: Knowledge as a Service
- phab:T183312 - notes: Supporting Third-Party Use of MediaWiki
- phab:T183313 - notes: Evolving the MediaWiki Architecture
- phab:T183314 - notes: Next Steps for Languages and Cross Project Collaboration
- phab:T183317 - notes: Advancing the Contributor Experience
- phab:T183318 - notes: Growing the MediaWiki Technical Community
- phab:T183319 - notes: Embracing Open Source Software
- phab:T183320 - notes: Research Analytics and Machine Learning
We will have no more than two sessions at a time and we have created a scheduling algorithm that looks at the topics mentioned in people's position papers and will help us to schedule sessions side by side that don't have much participant interest overlap.
Links and Resources
- Participants, Position Statements, and Keynote speakers
- Purpose and desired results of the Summit - guidance for session organizers and participants.
- All volunteers who requested a scholarship and have been approved to attend have also been approved for that scholarship.
- Summary of survey requests from Participants
- Friendly Space Policy
- Code of Conduct for Wikimedia Technical Spaces
- Note taking guidelines
- Emergency Services
Organizing Team / Program Committee
Friendly Space Team
Please help us to ensure an open and culturally friendly event. If you need to report anything you can talk with an of us in person or email wmds18fspwikimedia.org. We are here to help!