This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.
As of 2020, the described activity falls into the responsibility of the Developer Advocacy team.
Volunteer coordination and outreach
Coordination of volunteer efforts, technical outreach and recruitment of new volunteers
The Volunteer coordination and outreach activity aims to ensure volunteers are motivated, excited and effective participants in software development necessary to the mission of the Wikimedia Foundation, and to increase the number of volunteer developers, testers, writers and wranglers.
Quim Gil is currently leading this effort as Technical Contributor Coordinator.
This activity includes the commit access process.
- Status updates
- October_2011 Coding Challenge — draft for a proposed engineering outreach activity relevant to volunteer cultivation and hiring
- Volunteer coordination and outreach/Event planning — Event planning checklist
- Volunteer coordination and outreach/Training materials — A project to consolidate and integrate the documentation for training new developers
- /Travel sponsorship
- Openhatch meeting notes 2013-02-27
- Quarterly review notes from February 2013
- Quarterly review notes from July 2013