Hello people who use this page. I'd like to sunset this page in favor of the new libup web dashboard: library list, library example. Are there any usecases or ways you use this current page that aren't available in the new dashboard?
Topic on User talk:Legoktm/ci
Jump to navigation Jump to search
I wonder why there's a
Reply to "Sunsetting this page in favor of libup 2.0 web dashboard?"
Sunsetting this page in favor of libup 2.0 web dashboard?
Thanks for the ping. On the tool I lack the general view this table offers. Can an equal or similar table be added on the libraryupgrader?
Specific use cases I have:
- Solved by https://libraryupgrader2.wmflabs.org/library
- "What repos are still using XYZ?" (e.g. grunt-jsonlint)
- "What repos are using an old/specific version of XYZ?" (e.g. eslint-config-wikimedia)
- Solved by https://libraryupgrader2.wmflabs.org/library_table?…
- "What repos in Wikimedia production are still using XYZ?" (e.g. grunt-jsonlint)
- "What repos are using incompatible versions of two tools?" (e.g. eslint-config-wikimedia 0.12.0 but grunt-eslint 20.0.0)
- "What is the general shape of which tools are used across Wikimedia-deployed repos? How well are we doing?"
- "What tools that I care about have new versions?" (I don't really care about people using the other 200 tools listed, like jasmine)
I implemented this view (linked from here) to mostly replicate this page - thoughts? You'll see that the list of libraries is just embedded in the URL, so it's trivial to change for whatever you're looking for, and we can add more "presets".
I can also tweak the emojis/colors/etc. if wanted.
Oooooh, that's nice.
OK, updated my above; it'd be lovely to add filters and/or sortability to the library_table page.
Mostly I'm happy for this page to die, though.
Yup. I agree with adding sortability to the table, and a in-page legend explaining the icons/emojis. If the table heading could also not dissapear to the top so while browsing down the page you could still see the heading that'd be awesome. This is something I raised at Topic:Uuy9kakhq050qcok which maybe doable via HTML now that we're using it. Awesome work, as always. Thank you.
Perhaps the shared resources at https://tools-static.wmflabs.org/static/ could help.
So the bold arrow ⬆ means there is an approved version ready for upgrade, while the thinner arrow ↑ means an unapproved version has an upgrade.
What kind of filters did you have in mind?
Sortability...if there's some bootstrap sortable table plugin you know of or want to write - happy to add.
- only show rows of things that are in production
- only show rows where something has a "⬆" (-> a worklist)
Not sure if there are others that might occur.
I wonder why there's a
c: on the headers such as
I think I remember that there's a bootstrap sortability feature in the shared toolforge libraries but I'm not so sure.
The c: and n: are shorthand for composer and npm (the full names made the table a bit too wide). I'll add in a key shortly.