Some starter questions:
- Should the results from whatever wiki you're on to be shown first and then have an option to show more from other wikis?
- Should the additional results be inter-mixed with the local wiki results?
- Should the additional results be displayed off to the side (or maybe the bottom) of the results page?
- Should we have the option to turn off these other relevant search results (a user and/or project opt-out)?
- This could be a keyword search term or maybe a button for a visitor to click
- This could also be similar to the
local:keyword that will only search for images on the local wiki and not Commons files, for instance.
- Would the additional results be best displayed as a list or a grid design?
- Should we include relevant metadata (images and/or a short description) with the search results?
- Do the results need to have the size of the article (i.e.:
848 bytes (104 words)) and the date it was created/modified?
- Should we indicate that clicking on a result will take you to another wiki project?
- How many results from other wikis should we show - 1, 2, 3, or more?
- Should we limit the existing method of displaying results from the wiki that you searched on?
- We currently show up to 10,000 results in a paginated manner, but testing shows that generally only the first 3 results are ever acted upon.