I really want to give feedback, where can I do this?
Topic on Talk:Wikimedia Apps
Where can I give feedback?
You're doing it.
Ok, then I do it here :)
I like the idea, that Wikipedia has its own app, and it's really fantastic, but I have some things, I don't like:
- It's not possible to create pages (e.g. talk pages).
- Pages with
Special:or where I'm from:
Spezial:can't be viewed in the app.
- Categories don't work either
- It's difficult to go to the article discussion and the article's history, because there isn't a button for that.
- It's not possible to add a section, only existing sections can be edited.
- If pulling the left toolbar, it should be possible to click on someone's own name to go to the own user page.
- Editing a docu in a template, doesn't work, when clicking on the edit buttons on the template page
- Infoboxes in the very beginning of an article are relocated and sometimes other things and that infobox/template colide, which doesn't look good. E.g. when viewing my German user page in the app the nav box is squashed into the Babel table.
And also two mobile aspects, but not with the app:
- I don't like the idea of Special:UserProfile
- In user contributions you can't see whether the edit is recent or not.
That's my opinion :)
The Wikipedia app also does not ping me, so only when I used the mobile site to make an article when I discovered that I had a welcome message. Could a pinging feature, which is available in most apps, be added to the Wikipedia iOS one? Also, you couldn't see the diffs, which would not be useful only if you can see who made the edits.