| Vector 2022
|Snapshots releases along with MediaWiki. Master is not backwards compatible.
|GNU General Public License 2.0 tai myöhempi
|707 (Ranked 1st)
|Public wikis using
|14,010 (Ranked 2nd)
|Public wikis using as default skin
|Voit kääntää Vector/2022-ulkoasun, mikäli se on saatavilla translatewiki.netissä
|Avoimet tehtävät · Raportoi bugista
Vector 2022 is the second evolution of the MediaWiki Vector skin and is in development as part of the Desktop improvements project. It has been bundled in MediaWiki since MediaWiki 1.38. It is the default skin for various Wikimedia projects.
Vector 2022 differs from most skins in that it does not have its own code base; rather, its code is part of the Vector skin's, and the two are downloaded together.
Version MediaWiki 1.38 of this skin marked official 3rd party support.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php file:
wfLoadSkin( 'Vector' );
- Configure as required.
- Tehty - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the skin is successfully installed.
Vector 2022 can make use of the following extensions if they are installed, though none are required:
- UniversalLanguageSelector - for the language switch button
- PageImages - to include an image for each page (if available) in the search bar
- ShortDescription - to include a description for each page in the search bar (Wikimedia projects have similar functionality, but not using this extension)
Making Vector 2022 the default skin
Since MediaWiki 1.38 and higher, add the following to LocalSettings.php to make Vector 2022 the default skin:
$wgDefaultSkin = 'vector-2022';
Note that Vector 2022 has several unstable feature flags, which may disappear at any time. Most of these feature flags relate to incomplete features. We do not recommend changing any feature flag from its default value unless listed here.
$wgVectorMaxWidthOptions- Can be used to configure whether the max-width applies. Relatively stable at this point.
$wgVectorLanguageInMainPageHeader- Controls whether the language button shows on the main page in the header.
$wgVectorWvuiSearchOptions- Associative array with keys
|This skin is included in the following wiki farms/hosts and/or packages: