Skin:Timeless (Senza tempo)
Release status: beta
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the Timeless skin if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix;|
|Issues:||Open tasks · Report a bug|
Una skin basata su Winter che cerca di incorporare tutte le cose sensibili suggerite in w:Wikipedia:Village_pump_(proposals)/Archive_125#New_skin_for_Wikipedia in una skin. Shh. non dirglielo. Pensavano che non fossi serio.
L'obiettivo principale è quello di creare una skin con tutte le funzioni necessarie che empatizza sia i contenuti che gli strumenti di modifica, con varie modalità di visualizzazione per mostrare qualsiasi cosa, concentrandosi solo sul contenuto e l'alternamento dalla visualizzazione notturna a quella diurna. Un giorno sarà in grado di farlo per davvero.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadSkin( 'Timeless' );
- Configure as required.
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the skin is successfully installed.
The following are only supported in MediaWiki 1.34+
$wgTimelessBackdropImage(string, default 'cat.svg')
- Set it as you would $wgLogo to an appropriate background image. Recommendation is an svg set to 500-750px wide: svg for HiDPI support; the size can really be whatever, but where that will result in a similar behind-content look as with the default cat.
- For a background to potentially also work unmodified with other background-colour themes if and when they are later implemented, a transparent single-colour image is recommended, with 20-50% opacity black/white, where the alpha values of the b/w parts are likewise around 10-50/255, as this should allow it to work on most anything that isn't pure white/black.
- Examples (which actually don't follow the above recommendation and thus probably won't work on dark backgrounds): Timeless backdrop (wiktionary).svg and Timeless backdrop (metawiki).svg
$wgTimelessLogo(null|string|array, default null)
- Special logo rendering, allowing for custom logos for Timeless specifically (such as a square logo version without the wordmrk in order to avoid duplication with the header). Also provides slightly better HiDPI support than using $wgLogoHD, as that only works for 135x135px logos, and scales all high-res logos down to this size.
- Can be used to point Timeless at a File uploaded onwiki (remember to protect the file if using this) simply by providing the file name, or you can specify the logo path details manually using an array.
- To reuse a $wgLogo and $wgLogoHD already set for a nominally 160x160px logo, but where the HD versions also come out the right size:
$wgTimelessLogo = [ '1x' => $wgLogo, '1.5x' => $wgLogoHD['1.5x'], '2x' => $wgLogoHD['2x'], 'width' => 160, 'height' => 160 ];
- To use File:Cows.svg uploaded onwiki:
$wgTimelessLogo = 'Cows.svg';
- Note that uploaded logos work best as svgs or as 2x- or higher-sized rasters, and will be scaled down for each target resolution. Obviously this approach requires file uploads and thumbnailing to be enabled.
- Recommended nominal sizes probably around 135px to 165px.
$wgTimelessWordmark(null|string|array, default null)
- To use an image instead of the default Linux Libertine serif text for the header banner wordmark. Same usage approach as $wgTimelessLogo.
- So the english Wikipedia might use Wikipedia wordmark.svg, like so:
$wgTimelessWordmark = 'Wikipedia wordmark.svg';
- Or specify an array of each resolution version, plus the dimensions, per above (more likely with them, frankly).
- If not using an uploaded file onwiki, specifying the dimensions is required.
- Recommended nominal size up to 200px wide by 38px tall.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Timeless skin.|
|This skin is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the skin is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this skin's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the skins installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|