Scrum of scrums/2016-07-27
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 2016-07-27
- 1.1 Product
- 1.2 Technology
- 1.3 Discovery
- 1.4 Wikidata
- 1.5 Fundraising Tech
iOS native app
- passed regression, but we foud a bug in beta. Patching and pushing a new build today.
- expected release to Apple store later this week
- Development of 5.1 is in progress
- Planning of 5.2 is in progress
Android native app
- Stable release containing the feed planned for Thursday
- Work on navigation overhaul is underway
Mobile Content Service (MCS)
- Added public feed endpoints to MCS documentation: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Team/RESTBase_services_for_apps#....2Fpage.2Frandom.2F.7Bformat.7D
- Waiting on translatewiki to be ready for https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/280945/
- Deploying numeric category sorting to testwiki today, others to follow
- Working with CLs to find guinea pig wiki for PageAssessments before deploying to enwiki
- Finishing work on CopyPatrol tool (https://tools.wmflabs.org/copypatrol)
- Blocked - None
- Blocking - Florian and I are working on refactoring how ConfirmEdit handles OutputPage, in preparation for a refactoring Timo is doing. This may be a breaking change, so follow at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T141300 . Otherwise, no change.
- Mention notifications: Wikimedia Germany is working on notifications for mention failures (when you apparently intended a mention, but it is not counted as one), and successful mentions. They will also allow you to mention yourself. We're coordinating with them on these tasks.
- Echo changes related to moderation.
- Warning when you leave a Flow board without saving.
- Working on updating the Echo badges.
- Blocked: Apertium Jessie Packages (Tech Ops).
- Improvements in CX and CLL (ULS) continue.
- Parallel Corpora Dumps work is restarted.
- edit history reconstruction algorithms done, short demo tomorrow, scaling them to handle all wikis is next
- event bus schema work is approaching completion, the new schemas feed nicely into edit history and handle the requirements of the services team
- work on moving refinery deployment to scap3 is ongoing
- loading of the new more performant AQS cluster is progressing nicely now
- Got some problems during a network maintenance. T140770
- Minor issues in labs with OpenLDAP memory leaks
- Working on upgrading puppetmaster infrastructure to 3.8
- Started looking into vmod_xkey for varnish
- Planning for a parsoid host (wtp*) upgrade to jessie with Parsing. Scheduled for 1st week of August
- Working on pingback privacy statement with Legal
- Mediawiki 1.27.1 nearly complete; to be released August 3
- Mediawiki 1.27.2 tracking and prep has begun
- Security releases wlll now be on a two month schedule
- Kafka upgrade to 0.9 ongoing.
- Session storage & authentication service planning and prototyping: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T140813
Architecture / ArchCom
- Recent 2016W29: 2016-07-20 (last week)
- Upcoming 2016W30: 2016-07-27 (today)
- ArchCom Planning meeting: Phab:E236
- ArchCom-RFC office hour: Phab:E237
- Chad proposed a new icinga alert to detect files owned by root in the mediawiki deployment repository: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/301327/
- Zeljko on vacation until Aug 15th
- Antione going on vacation next week until Aug 21st
- Blocking: none
- Blocked: none
- Mostly working on refactoring & technical debt
- Trey published survey of top unsuccessful searches: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:TJones_(WMF)/Notes/Top_Unsuccessful_Search_Queries
- State of the Map & DataViz hackathon (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/DataViz_Seattle_hackathon)
- working on prototype for structured commons
- Daniel working on multi-content revisions
- Not blocked.
- EMcNaughton is on the cusp of running a dedupe script on CiviCRM--it'll still take several weeks to finish, going at a few hundred contacts per minute, but now we think that even the first iteration will catch a majority of the duplicates.
- LZia might be doing some analysis on CentralNotice banner numbers, in a part-time volunteer project for WLM. She'll be the first analyst to use some of our exciting new data streams, like "banner history".
- Queue overhaul is coming along steadily, no blockers.