Architecture committee/2016-07-27

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)

Agenda timeline[edit]

  • Intro
    • Agenda bashing and action item check 21:00 (5 minutes)
    • Review last week's RfC office hour 21:05 (5 minutes)
  • RFC status update
    • RfC inbox triage 21:10 (10 minutes)
    • Shepherd assignments 21:20 (5 minutes)
    • Queue for future RfC office hours 21:25 (5 minutes)
  • Wrapup
    • Other business 21:30 (10 minutes)
    • Next week’s ArchCom agenda 21:40 (10 minutes)

Agenda details/Meeting summary[edit]

This section equates to the "meeting summary" section in the meeting note template. It's collaboratively edited during the meeting and serves as the official public notes of the meeting. Attendees: Fill in the important details in this section, but try to keep this concise and NPOV (easy way: use questions).  Put any prep information in this section if appropriate

Intro section[edit]

10 minutes (starting 21:00 UTC)

RFC status update[edit]

20 minutes (starting 21:10 UTC)

Spend roughly 20 minutes ensuring Architecture committee/Status is up-to-date. Checklist of the questions we should answer:

  • Who is chairing the upcoming IRC meeting? E237
    • T128602: Create and deploy an extension that implements an authenticated key-value store
    • RobLa to chair
    • Field narrowing?  Potentially a candidate for “in progress”
  • Conclude last week's "final comment period"? Do we have anything that should enter "final comment"?
  • For each upcoming meeting, do we anticipate the RFC moving into "final comment"?
  • Picking an RFC for next week:
    • Review the ArchCom-RfCs board
      • Where should anything in the inbox go?
      • Which RFCs are listed as "needs triage"?
    • Review the ArchCom-has-shepherd board and discuss each member's assignments/priorities:
    • Do we have an RFC selected for next week's meeting?
      • Change propagation?
      • T128351 (moving Echo notification framework to core)?
      • ACTION: Brion to comment on T128351 with alternatives
      • ACTION: Rob to announce T128351

Other business/planning[edit]

20 minutes (starting 21:30 UTC)