Scrum of scrums/2014-03-26
Notable action items
- Multimedia is blocked by ops, QA, and OOJS review for their impending release
- Zero blocked by ops on review for portal
- Growth still awaiting code review from platform/core RE deletion logging enhancement
- Chris McMahon is OOO 31 Mar and 1 Apr, contact Zeljko, Antoine or Greg G if you need QA assistance
- LU rewrite has been deployed. Extensions just migrated to json will take a bit longer to update (migration has to go through the train first).
- #80 Writing middle layer for ElasticSearch - bootstrap and tm works now with some quirks (Thanks Nik)
- Just FYI: Summer time starts in most of Europe next week
Clearing off the backlog with
- 3rd party accounts
in order to devote significant time to the next MobileFrontend iteration
- still worrying at https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=62614, a discrepancy between session info when activating a setting in MobileFrontend
Note: Chris is OOO 31 Mar and 1 Apr, contact Zeljko, Antoine or Greg if you need QA assistance
- Ops absent, but they will be pinged about #90 https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/120617/ (varnish change improvement stalled because we don't know how to test them ourselves).
- Greg he'll take a look at #91 https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/120703/ (now merged, 2 minutes later ;) )Thanks!
- QA team will look at #92 (cucumber "repurposed" for performance testing) https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/119917/
- No VE team representative, but there should be enough people with OOJS UI knowledge to take care of #89 (simple OOJS UI bugfix) https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/120685/
Continued work on non-linear tours and GettingStarted and GuidedTour cleanup. Sam started a patch (https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/120806/) to provide a cookie module on the client that works the same as the server (mediawiki.cookie). It's a WIP currently.
- good progress on HTML templating, PHP port hopefully this week
- lots of improvements in image handling, some DOM spec updates in that area
- JVM App Deployment:
** coming along! http://archiva.wikimedia.org ** working on deployment, will start writing lots of docs soon.
** Mark and Otto to do some transatlantic troubleshooting soon.
- #70 - one thing still missing (VE theme split)
- #87 - would be good to have sooner than later so that we can test VE easily, scheduled
- Zero Portal: waiting for OPs/Reedy to deploy https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/119985/ and https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/119990/
- Need ops feedback for https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Reducing_image_quality_for_mobile
- Also core review of that RFC implementation: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/119661/
- #2 ESI - no progress
- #57 Firefox OS - work continues on reboot, may need new RL core change in next couple weeks. Status: doing
- New cards requested:
- CirrusSearch for rebooted apps: (not purely Zero, but on Adam B's task list) - Adam talked with Chad today, he said okay and no need to add fallbacks. Status: to-do
- Firefox OS Wikipedia zero detection: app will make one API hit at app launch, may cause more log entries, but not significant load. Status: in code review
- Analytics W0 dashboards: Analytics working on per-operator configuraton approach, Carolynne & Dan discussing and will talk with Toby & Tomasz. Status: in analysis.
- W0 to add more proxy information to X-Analytics: for gateway analysis. Status: to-do
- #88 - Event logging issue caused this, talking with Ori to transition EventLogging to analytics team. But graphs are updating though there is lost data for the two days EL was down.
- sharing code!: client storage code with Mobile, also Mobile's approach to loading templates (hogan/handlebars, basically the same)
- #84 Parsoid CSS in progress
- Collaborating with mobile and Parsoid as usual
- Worked with lang eng to get LocalisationUpdate changes merged and deployed, working now modulo pending bug fixes
- Working on oojs-ui-ifying UploadWizard
- Goal: embeddability in VE
- MarkH says they don't have time for it until May; that's OK, RobM will just do it and ask MarkH for review
- Roan needs to catch up on ResourceLoader code review :S