Requests for comment/Regex-based blacklist
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Document status||in draft
We need a proper blacklist system to merge the current mishmash and implement much-needed features.
- Needs to have global (Meta) versions and local versions
- Needs local whitelists
- Needs automatic logging
- Needs a regex checkbox (yes / no)
- Needs to be able to specify where to apply (page text, edit summaries, log summaries, etc.)
- Perhaps also be able to specify only certain namespaces?
- Needs to validate to ensure proper regexes are input
- Needs to have safety check to ensure we don't ban all normal spaces or the letter K or whatever from page titles
- Needs Unicode normalization
- Needs friendly output mode for non-Wikimedia Foundation wikis using the list
- Needs to warn sysops, but be overrideable upon confirmation
- URL parameterization
- Forgot why this is important at the moment, but it's in my notes
- Titleblacklist (affects, page move, creation, upload, new users)
- Bad image list
- Spam blacklist
- Related bugs
FYI, Wikia created a spam blocking system called Phalanx which satisfies about half of those requirements already.