Desenvolvimento do produto
Na comunidade do MediaWiki, desenvolvimento do produto é o processo do seguinte:
- researching and prioritizing the users' needs
- This includes: reaching out to users for user research, discussing with them to gather feedback, triaging and prioritizing feature requests, etc.
- deciding and specifying what to build
- working with designers and developers to implement or change features in the software
- and analyzing if the solution is efficient and effective enough for solving the problems originally identified
- This includes: managing incoming and prioritizing bug reports.
The most visible product development work is done by the Discovery, Reading, and Contributors teams in Wikimedia Foundation's Technology and Audiences departments. Each has product managers responsible for product management along with analysts, designers, and a community liaison.
But there are also many volunteers doing similar work, often without formally calling it "product development": they're the volunteers who participate in software discussions, request and describe new features, report and triage bugs, and even complain on mailing lists.
Some of this work overlaps with what tech ambassadors do, and some is more about specifications and prioritization. In any case, your help is needed to ensure developers build features that are desired and useful to users.
If you are looking for projects to tackle on your own or with other volunteers, please consider doing user research and defining specifications about these possible tech projects.
- Developers/Maintainers - uma lista de quem contactar sobre qual atividade