October 2011 Coding Challenge/Work in Progress
This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.
If you're a participant in the October 2011 Coding Challenge, you can use this page to list the project you're working on, invite feedback and collaboration (all of which is encouraged!).
WikiShoot, the iOS app for making photos of places and things (pypt)
- Oct 29: a rough mockup (PDF, 1.1 MB) of what I'm about to do. Has inner links so that you could get a feel of the app. Feedback is superwelcome! Oh, and also - is someone else making an Objective-C (Cocoa Touch) MediaWiki API client library too? We could join forces, you know. --Pypt 02:04, 29 October 2011 (UTC)
- Nov 4: moved my MediaWiki API client library written in Objective-C (Cocoa) to a separate project so someone else might use it too.
- nov. 2 After 3 evenings of work I like to share some basic functionality of the android-uploader I am working on. Actually, it just adds another option in the 'share' menu of the images. Images stored locally can be uploaded using the share/send option that can be found when an image from the mobile phone gallery is shown. The basic funcionallity is tested and works. You can try it, but note that the error handling is minimal. Michiel1972 00:07, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
- nov. 4 Basic error handling added, messages to user added. Default user defined file prefix added, default single category added, both as a result of menu-options. I consider it now 'Good enough' for (at least) my own usage. Michiel1972 22:21, 4 November 2011 (UTC)
It is a beginning of an upload wizard for the Android Wikipedia app. We choose a file in the phone or take a picture, add licence, cat, comments, etc. and upload it to commons.
Live edit is basically an extension that allows users to announce that they are currently editing an article to the world.
- Work Log
- Oct. 30 Basic viewing side indications
- Nov. 1 Section editing icons
- To Do
- New revision detection and notification
- Better edit page side information
- Anonymous mode