||Please this page.|
|This page contains release notes for a future version of MediaWiki.|
MediaWiki 1.23 is currently being developed. Consult the RELEASE-NOTES file for the full list of changes. It is currently deployed on Wikimedia Foundation wikis through incremental "wmf"-branches starting October 2013. The 1.23.0 stable release is expected to come out somewhere in 2014. Download the latest snapshot or checkout the
REL1_23 branch in Git to follow this release. This will be a Long Term Support release (LTS) which will be supported until May 2017.
What's new[edit | edit source]
Notifications[edit | edit source]
With 1.23, MediaWiki starts to behave more like a modern website as regards notifications, to keep the editors of your wiki engaged and always up to date about what interests them. This used to require several custom settings.
- bug 45020 Make preferences "Add pages I create and files I upload to my watchlist" and "pages and files I edit" true by default
- bug 45022 Make preference "Email me when a page or file on my watchlist is changed" true by default
- bug 49719 Watch user page and user talk page by default
This will allow your new users to immediately start benefiting from the watchlist and email notification features, without needing to first read all the docs to find out that they're as useful as they are.
Merged extensions[edit | edit source]
Merged into 1.23:
- ExpandTemplates Gerrit #I7ef634 / bug 28264
- AssertEdit Gerrit #Ia48151 / bug 27841 - documented at API:Assert
Interface[edit | edit source]
- bug 42026 Add option to only show page creations in Special:Contributions (and API).
- Gerrit change 85446 Add new special page to list duplicate files, Special:ListDuplicatedFiles.
- bug 60333 Add new special page listing tracking categories (Special:TrackingCategories).
Help pages[edit | edit source]
In the coming months, we'll focus on making more of the central help pages translatable and on linking them from the relevant MediaWiki interfaces for better discoverability. Please help: add your own translations; update existing pages and cover missing MediaWiki topics.
Traditionally, help pages have been scattered on countless wikis and poorly translated; most of those on mediawiki.org were migrated with the help of some Google Code-in students.
Release Schedule[edit | edit source]
In February 2014, we introduced monthly point releases on the last Thursday of the month. The anticipated dates for point releases for 1.23 are as follows:
Subpages[edit | edit source]
|Language:||English • 日本語|