|Cycle de vie des versions|
MediaWiki 1.17 est une version très grande contenant beaucoup de nouvelles fonctionalités et des corrections de bogues. Elle a été livrée en juin 2011. Elle n'est plus maintenue depuis juin 2012. Voisi un résumé des modifications majeures qui concernent les utilisateurs. Vous pouvez consulter le fichier RELEASE NOTES pour avoir la liste complète des modifications présentes dans cette version.
Quoi de neuf ?
We now require PHP version 5.2.3 or later. Why? Well, it brings with it some tools for your beloved developers. It was released on June 1, 2007, so we believe this requirement will not be a hassle for administrators. Be sure to check your PHP installation and contact your host if it runs an outdated PHP version.
MediaWiki 1.17 is shipping with a completely redesigned installer to fix a lot of outstanding bugs, clean up the code quality, and make it easier to use. Notably, you can now run upgrades from the web without having to move LocalSettings.php. A couple of other notable changes:
- The installer can now be fully localized like the rest of the software and contains numerous help dialogs.
- The installer script directory has been renamed from config/ to mw-config/.
- You now download your generated LocalSettings.php at install completion, rather than writing it straight to the configuration directory. The previous behavior was a security risk.
- IBM DB2 and MSSQL support were dropped from the installer.
Category sorting has been drastically improved.
- Sorting is now case insensitive.
- Sub-categories, pages and files can now be paged separately.
- When several pages are given the same sort key, they sort by their names instead of randomly.
Prise en charge des langues
As with every release, MediaWiki 1.17 brings improved support for languages in MediaWiki, with improved translation and features for the many supported languages.
Nouvelles langues :
- Moroccan Spoken Arabic (ary)
- Banjar (bjn)
- Kabardian (Cyrillic) (kbd-cyrl)
- Latgalian (ltg)
- Minangkabau (min)
- Dutch (informal) (nl-informal)
- Rusyn (rue)
API bug fixes and new features have been added to 1.17, providing more options for input and output.
- API output can now be formatted by PHP's var_export() (format type is dbg/dbgfm).
- An API module was added to list page properties.
- PARAM_REQUIRED can now be used on parameters, to have the API enforce existence before code even reaches the module.
- The API now has a Really Simple Discovery module, useful for publishing service information by the API.
Rupture d'interface pour les API
The API contains 3 breaking changes against previous releases:
- action=patrol now requires POST.
- The patrol token is no longer the same as edit token.
- Session keys returned by ApiUpload are now strings instead of integers.
- Vector has become the default skin in this release.
- Interwiki links in articles are now recorded in a separate table.
- Users can now add CSS and JS to all skins by using User:<name>/common.css and User:<name>/common.js.
- Oracle Database support has been improved, and is now ready for beta testing. If you work in an environment where Oracle is readily available, and you can't get access to MySQL, this may be a useful alternative for you. Please try it out and let us know if it works for you. Oracle support is not yet recommended for use in production.