||Please this page.|
Release status: stable
|Description||Allows to scale PNG and JPEG images using VIPS|
|Author(s)||Bryan Tong Minh (Bryantalk)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the VipsScaler extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix;|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The VipsScaler extension is a wrapper around VIPS, a free image processing software. VIPS is a set of image manipulation tools specially designed for speed and low memory usage. This is useful for resizing large PNGs, and it improves the appearance of shrunken JPEGs.
The extension shells out to the vips binary. It can be configured to scale only certain files (for example: big PNGs) by configuring $wgVipsOptions.
Install VIPS. It can be downloaded from http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/.
After downloading VipsScaler, add it to your extensions/ directory, then add require_once("$IP/extensions/VipsScaler/VipsScaler.php"); If you'd like to add the Special:VipsTest test page, also add require_once("$IP/extensions/VipsScaler/VipsTest.php");
Debian / Ubuntu
$ apt-get install libvips-tools
If you want to build from source have a look at upstream documentation: http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/index.php?title=Build_on_Ubuntu
(Wikimedia has packaged and uses a more recent version for Ubuntu 12.04 at apt.wikimedia.org)
Mac OS X
- brew install homebrew/science/vips
- binary symlink is /usr/local/bin/vips
- path to the vips command (default: vips).
- Options and conditions for images to be scaled with this scaler.Default settings.
Set to an array of arrays. The inner array contains a condition array, which contains a list of conditions that the image should pass for it to be scaled with vips. Conditions are mimeType, minArea, maxArea, minShrinkFactor, maxShrinkFactor. The other items in the array are options. Options available are:
- sharpen: Set to an array with keys 'radius' and 'sigma', which are parameters to gaussian sharpen matrix.
- preconvert: Convert the file to a .v file first, which costs some space, but saves memory on the actual downsize
- bilinear: Use im_resize_linear instead of im_shrink
- convolution: Apply specified convolution matrix
- setcomment: Add an exif comment specifying the source of the file. Requires $wgExiv2Command to be set properly.
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|