| Email Authorization
Release status: stable
|Description||Implements the PluggableAuth PluggableAuthUserAuthorization hook to provide authorization using a list of authorized email addresses.|
|Latest version||3.0 (2022-03-27)|
|Compatibility policy||Snapshots releases along with MediaWiki. Master is not backward compatible.|
|Translate the Email Authorization extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The Email Authorization extension implements the PluggableAuth
PluggableAuthUserAuthorization hook to provide authorization using a list of authorized email addresses.
It provides a special page,
Special:EmailAuthorizationConfig, for an administrator to use to add and remove email addresses and email domains from the authorization list.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php file:
wfLoadExtension( 'EmailAuthorization' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
git submodule update --init
- Configure as required
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
||An array of MediaWiki groups whose members are authorized regardless of whether their email addresses are authorized. This is especially useful to bootstrap the extension when it is installed by authorizing, for example, all members of the |
||Indicates whether a special page (|
||An array of additional fields for the request form. The definition of each field is itself an array with the following possible fields:
The last three parameters (values, rows, and columns) are used to decide how to display the field. If values is present, a drop-down list will be displayed, and any values for rows and columns will be ignored. If values is not present but rows is present, a text area of the specified size will be displayed, with columns defaulting to 50 if it is not present. If only columns is present, a text field of the specified width will be displayed. If none are present, a text field of 50 columns will be displayed.
Regardless of the contents of this array, an email address field will be present as the first field.
$wgEmailAuthorization_RequestFields = [ [ 'label' => 'Organization', 'mandatory' => true ], [ 'label' => 'Extra Information', 'rows' => 4, 'columns' => 60 ], [ 'label' => 'Animals', 'values' => [ 'dog', 'cat' ] ] ];
would display a mandatory text field (Organization) with 50 columns, a text area with 4 rows and 60 columns (Extra Information), and a drop-down list to choose between dog and cat (Animals).
Users who should be able to add and revoke email addresses and email domains on the
Special:EmailAuthorizationConfig page must be given the emailauthorizationconfig right.
$wgGroupPermissions['bureaucrat']['emailauthorizationconfig'] = true;
$wgPluggableAuth_EnableLocalProperties = false;
This extension supplies the following hooks to other extensions:
EmailAuthorizationRevoketake a single parameter: an email address or email domain (i.e. @ followed by the domain).
EmailAuthorizationRequesttakes the following parameters: an email address and a JSON-encoded array of form fields.
EmailAuthorizationRejecttake the following parameters: an email address, a JSON-encoded array of form fields, and the User object of the bureaucrat approving/rejecting the account request.
- Version 3.0
- Updated to work with PluggableAuth 6.0
- Version 2.0
- Added support for postgres and sqlite in addition to existing mysql/mariadb support
- Use datatables jQuery plug-in on email authorization dashboard
- Convert UI to use OOUI
- Modernize code (type hints, dependency injection, global config, new hook system, linting, tests)
- Fix IDatabase::upsert() calls with bad unique key parameters
- Version 1.5
- Trim and lowercase emails before adding them
- Version 1.4
- Added PHPCS and autofix some found sniffs with PHPCBF
- Version 1.3
- Added optional account request capability controlled by
- Version 1.2
- Change message prefix to prevent collisions with other extensions
- Table formatting
- Version 1.1
- Bug fix: adding email address that already existed threw exception
- Email addresses and domains entered in
Special:ConfigEmailAuthorizationnow are validated
- Added missing rights messages
- Version 1.0
- Initial version
Versions before 2.0 did not work with PostgreSQL. See T293933.
|This extension is included in the following wiki farms/hosts and/or packages:|