Engineering Community Team/Planning/2013/12
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Publish the engineering report for November. Status: Done
- Follow up on support requests (e.g. blog post reviews). Status: Done
- Get the weekly tech newsletter assembled, published, translated and delivered (ideally with help). Status: Done
- Write behind-the-scenes article about how the tech newsletter is assembled and delivered. Status: Done
- Prepare Google Code-In tasks for the Community change team and serve as a proxy. Status: Done
- Mentor Google Code-In students. Status: Done
- With Andre: Start planning evaluation of Project management / issue tracking requirements and potential tools. Status: Done
- Keep pushing Google Code-In Status: Done
- Coordinate FOSS Outreach Program for Women - Round 7 Status: Done
- Co-mentor OPW project mediawiki.org homepage redesign Status: Done
- Start Facebook Open Academy Program Status: Done
- Co-organize Wikis devroom at FOSDEM (schedule defined) Status: Done
- Organize Wikimedia Multimedia meetup in San Francisco Status: Done
- Complete Community metrics: Who contributes code and Gerrit review queue key progress indicators. (Bitergia) (moved from November) Status: Not done
- Select one technical writer temporary contractor Status: Done (however, no candidate accepted)
- Convert to GCI tasks: Status: Not done (decided not to)
- Wrap up Google Summer of Code 2013 (moved from October)
- Self-help guide to organize events. See meta:Events kit and how WordPress does it.
- Plan a Guided Tour at mediawiki.org.
- Improve the confirmation email sent to new registered users and sync Template:Welcome.
What to do with the social media stats being collected at Talk:Community metrics?(GCI is not the best place for this)
- Google Code-In: Run and organize contest with Quim. Status: In progress
- Agree and finalize "etiquette" draft for behavior in Bugzilla, as discussed on teampractices@. Status: In progress - Discussion on Talk page still ongoing on 20131225 after asking for feedback on wikitech-l@.
- Evaluate Project management / issue tracking requirements and potential tools. Status: In progress - kicked off on teampractices@ and wiki on 2013-12-13
- Test Bugzilla 4.4 with our custom patches on Labs (or zirconium in eqiad if production is still on kaulen in Tampa). Status: In progress, will need help from ops. Steps discussed between dzahn and aklapper on 2013-12-06; dzahn has set up a copy of Bugzilla 4.2 on zirconium in eqiad (see RT #4783). Next steps are upgrading that machine to Bugzilla 4.4, applying our custom patches, testing, and finally switching over.