The Collaboration team at the Wikimedia Foundation is tasked with encouraging more new users to sign up for and contribute to Wikimedia projects, encourage new editors to continue participating, and help active contributors to be effective.
You can find us in IRC at.
The team is currently working on:
Past projects by various iterations of the team and volunteer developers:
- Edit Review Improvements
- Structured Discussions, formerly Flow, discussion and collaboration software. Now in production as opt-in for talk pages, help pages and village pump-style discussion forums, on wikis that request it.
- Notifications (Echo), a redesign of the notifications system in Wikipedia. It was deployed to all Wikimedia wikis in November 2013.
- New Page Triage, redesigning the New Page Patrol experience.
- WikiLove, a tool designed to encourage community health and reduce "bite".
- MoodBar, a tool designed to encourage feedback from new users, with Feedback Dashboard supporting review by experienced members.
- Article Feedback Tool, a tool designed to encourage readers to provide feedback on articles.