Structured Discussions/Request Structured Discussions on a page
|Structured Discussions Portal|
You want to try Structured Discussions on your wiki? It is possible!
All pages on all Wikimedia Foundation supported projects are eligible, in time.
See also Structured Discussions/Rollout for a list of wikis that are using or discussing Structured Discussions, and more technical details.
- 1 For a community or a wiki-project
- 2 For individuals
- 3 Temporary parking
- 4 What will happen?
- 5 Caveats
- 6 Data
For a community or a wiki-project
It is possible for your community to try Structured Discussions on your wiki.
The recommended trials are, at the moment:
- Structured Discussions on one trial/sandbox page,
- Structured Discussions on real-working a community page or many (help desk, wikiproject, village pump...),
- Structured Discussions activation for all users who want to have Flow on their talk page (through a Beta feature).
Structured Discussions deployment needs a community decision. Please follow these three steps carefully:
1. Community discussions
- Start a discussion with your community, to get an agreement on the use of Structured Discussion you want to have.
- Take a decision about the possible deployments (test, community page(s), Beta feature...).
- Which type of trial you want from the three options described on the previous section (trial, live environement like an help desk, Beta feature...)?
- It's good to discuss where the community wishes to trial Structured Discussions after that. We recommend to have a real-working environment, e.g. a helpdesk, or village pump, or a wikiproject, or similar...
- When the decision is taken, add a link below to the community result and the link(s) to the page(s) you want Structured Discussions on.
2. Technical details to consider
For the first use of Structured Discussions at a wiki, the developers need this information:
- If any, the exact name of the local discussion & feedback page, e.g. Wikipedia_talk:Structured_Discussions or Discussion_Wikipédia:Discussions_Structurées. However, we recommend to use the global feedback page at Talk:Structured Discussions where you can post in any language.
- The exact name of a "sandbox" page, where the community would like to test out Structured Discussions, e.g. Structured Discussions/Sandbox or Viquipèdia_Discussió:Structured_Discussions/proves, useful for trials and check for translations
- What word to use for the "Topic" namespace and check if that name is not used (it is possible to archive old contents)
- Tell us the local standard (most common) page-archive naming system(s), so that we can try to follow the local custom. E.g. ".../Archive 1" or ".../Archiwum/1" or ".../Archives/2013/July".
You will have to check for translations in the language(s) used in your wiki :
- the documentation (that page first),
- Structured Discussions interface messages (listed as ext-flow) on TranslateWiki (the many MediaWiki:Apihelp-... messages can be safely ignored).
- If you consider to convert a whole namespace to Structured Discussions for good, please check that list.
If you have all this ready or done, please add the relevant information below. You can fill a Phrabricator task if you want (with #Flow tag).
3. Community requests
Please list it here:
- Tamir Kalman, he.wiki
- Zhwiki request active zh:Wikipedia:知识问答/flow as Flow. Community consensus for zhwiki see --Shizhao (talk) 03:43, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
There is no activations on-request on user talk pages anymore. All wikis have been asked to switch to the Beta feature if they want to have Structured Discussions on user talk pages.
Reach community consensus first to have the Beta feature
You can start a discussion on your wiki to get community consensus to have Structured Discussions on test pages, or individual pages. Please see the #For a community section above before adding a request if your wiki does not have community consensus.
Check first if your wiki has Structured Discussions available as a Beta feature.
Enable Structured Discussions on an individual user page, out of the Beta feature
There is no more activations on user talk pages anymore, outside of the Beta feature. Please follow the community decision process to get Structured Discussions on your wiki first.
Archived requests for manual activation (not done anymore)
- please enable flow (AzChanna (talk) 09:46, 28 September 2017 (UTC))
Stalled requests for other wikis, awaiting community consensus
Your wiki has not decided or reach a consensus about using Flow. Please see the #For a community page section above before adding a request.
- Wittylama (talk) 20:09, 29 July 2015 (UTC) on en.wp.
- For now, on talk pages on plwiki, commonswiki, if possible. Kszapsza (dyskusja) 12:18, 1 August 2015 (UTC)
- User:Halibutt @ pl wiki please. Halibutt (talk) 11:44, 3 August 2015 (UTC)
- Nirmos (talk) @ svwiki
- User:Nizil Shah (talk) at w:gu
- User:Мұхамеджан Амангелді at w:kk
- Ash Crow - w:br:, s:fr:, s:br:, c:, d:
- Tar Lócesilion pl:
- Jay8g (talk): en WP, Commons
- KartikMistry (talk) - at w:Gu:
- Josve05a (talk) (when possible) on sv.wp, en.wp, Commons
- Edgars2007 (talk) at Latvian Wikipedia
- Rzuwig► 11:51, 1 August 2015 (UTC) - commons
- Lazowik (talk) pl
- QuimGil (talk) at Commons
- Yann (talk) at Commons
- Yodaspirine oncommons, fr.wikisource--Yodaspirine (talk) 14:52, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- Shizhao on Commons
- Mbch331 (talk) 13:17, 3 October 2015 (UTC) on nlwiki and commons
- TomT0m (talk) 09:40, 6 October 2015 (UTC) on en.wp
- Shani Evenstein Esh77 (talk) 10:02, 30 September 2015 (UTC) - at en, outreach, meta
- Nbfreeh on wuu.wikipedia
- Billytanghh on en.wikipedia, thanks.--Billytanghh (talk) 13:15, 9 October 2015 (UTC)
- User:Medium69 on Commons please. --Medium69 (talk) 22:36, 14 October 2015 (UTC)
- User:Taiwania Justo: meta, please. Taiwania Justo (talk) 00:17, 23 October 2015 (UTC)
- User:Almondega on pt:w and wikidata, please. :)
- User:فلورانس on fa:w and fa.voy , Thanks --فلورانس (talk) 23:11, 29 October 2015 (UTC)
- Ochilov - talk pages in ruwiki, eowiki, metawiki. --Ochilov (talk) 16:45, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
- User:Karol Szapsza (plwiki) — Karol Szapsza (talk) 16:16, 9 January 2016 (UTC)
- User:Doror UnFlow. he.wikipedia. i don't like the Flow. Doror (talk) 15:55, 12 July 2016 (UTC)
- User:Taiwania Justo: please active flow in commons, outreach (new request, Taiwania Justo (talk) 04:13, 29 July 2016 (UTC)), en (new request, Taiwania Justo (talk) 07:23, 21 April 2017 (UTC)) and meta. Taiwania Justo (talk) 05:25, 28 July 2016 (UTC)
- User:A.M.Z.A on fa:w and fa.voy , Thanks. A.M.Z.A (talk) 17:57, 4 September 2016 (UTC)
- User talk:逆襲的天邪鬼 UnFlow on this site. Thanks a lot! --逆襲的天邪鬼 (talk) 11:00, 29 December 2016 (UTC)
- It seems Flow has some bugs for Persian language (mostly easy bugs) I will report them all. Please remove flow from help desk to fix bugs and we will bring it back once the bugs are solved. Ladsgroup (talk) 14:10, 10 September 2015 (UTC)
- Okay, I've moved the help desk page back. Are you concerned about the way that the header templates looked when they were copied into the side rail? I think the big template with the blue header is using a fixed width, and it didn't play well in the smaller space. I'm sorry, I should have spotted that and asked you about the template before I enabled Flow. Let me know what I can do. DannyH (WMF) (talk) 18:23, 10 September 2015 (UTC)
- I should say my talk page on d:, m: and here are have Special:TranslatorSignup enabled, is this will be affected? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 03:34, 1 October 2015 (UTC)
What will happen?
Structured Discussions will be deployed as soon as possible on the requested page(s) and on a feedback page (usually WP:Structured Discussions in the local language). You will receive a notification when it is done.
The previous talk page will be archived, and Flow will be alive on your page!
Note: You may miss some automated messages until the bot-writers adopt Structured Discussions (see phab:T107093 and related tasks). See further notes at phab:T98270 ("Opt-in for Structured Discussions on your own user talk page")
||IMPORTANT: The content of this page is outdated. If you have checked or updated this page and found the content to be suitable, please remove this notice.|
Between Wikimania 2015 (07/13 - 07/19) and end of September, you've been 55 to request Flow on your personal talk pages. Thank you!
At the moment, there is a community consensus and active boards on users talk pages on the following projects: Catalan Wikipedia (4), French Wikipedia (22) & WKT (0), Hebrew Wikipedia (6), MediaWiki.org (33), Persian Wikipedia (1), and Wikidata (9). (Figures are the number of requests and activation based on this page.) We also notice some requests for wikis where the consensus has not been reached, like Commons (9), Polish Wikipedia (3) or English Wikipedia (2).
|Community consensus||not reached||reached|
|29||07/13 - 07/19||4||Wikimania|
|30||07/20 - 07/26||0|
|31||07/27 - 08/02||17||Discussion on frwp about Flow (6 requests from frwp, 3 from plwp)|
|32||08/03 - 08/09||5|
|33||08/10 - 08/16||3|
|34||08/17 - 08/23||2|
|35||08/24 - 08/30||3|
|36||08/31 - 09/06||4|
|37||09/07 - 09/13||5|
|38||09/14 - 09/20||0|
|39||09/21 - 09/27||1|
|40||09/28 - 10/4||4|