Who: Anyone who is interested, including you!
When: 17:00 UTC Tuesday, February 19, 2013 until 23:00 UTC - Time Converter: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
Where: #wikimedia-dev on Freenode IRC - You can use http://webchat.freenode.net if you don't have an IRC client. The Etherpad to document our progress is located at http://etherpad.wmflabs.org/pad/p/BugTriage-2013-02
Wikimedia's Gerrit instance was recently upgraded to a new version, hence bug reports about Gerrit need retesting. We will be focusing on upstream issues that have been fixed with the recent upgrade and we'll comment on bugs that need status updates. Gerrit's upstream bugtracker is located at http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/list
For issues that have been fixed, the upstream release notes might be helpful:
- Gerrit 2.5 Release Notes
- Gerrit 2.5.1 Release Notes
- Gerrit 2.5.2 Release Notes
- Gerrit 2.6 Draft Release Notes
See also How to triage.
valeriej, andre, ^demon, further help from developers
24 bug reports that got acted on / retested:
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/35508 - List of Gerrit users
- - not yet available. Could be implemented as a LDAP query and published as a static file.
- -also added link to upstream ticket 1709
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/35534 - Free-form tagging in gerrit
- -still valid (and not easy to fix)
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/35600 - Enable hook to block addition of trailing whitespace
- -WONTFIXed by Chad
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/35802 - Gerrit email title truncation over eager
- -hard to test (need gerrit change message with 59characters), left a comment
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/35860 - Gerrit is a browser memory hog
- -Can replicate in Firefox
- -Can also reproduce. Forwarded to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=842623
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/35883 - Unintuitive nagging for gerrit after review
- -might be fixed, Chad asked for retesting
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/35948 - Add commit summary in IRC gerrit-wm bot line of review
- -this is still valid
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/35967 - Gerrit git review enforces ""Topic"" too strong
- -upstreamed to git-review bugtracker (Launchpad.net), also updated mw:Bug_management/Upstream_bugtrackers
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/36095 - Gerrit diffs not viewable in Opera
- -Still valid in Opera 12.13, tested on gerrit.wikimedia.org.
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/36169 - Whitespace fixer to gerrit
- -upstream issue, though slightly vague
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/36172 - Unable to open diff in Gerrit
- -not reproducible by chad or andre, chad identified two potential upstream fixes - closed as FIXED
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/36467 - Impossible to search a commit from Gerrit
- - upstream ticket for fulltext search is https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=866 - added to URL field
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/36471 - Gerrit needs a very wide screen
- -still valid...
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/36684 - Spammy failed to merge messages
- "I'm thinking of disabling the behavior (or at least set it to a much longer interval) until it's fixed to not spam people."
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/37382 - Gerrit doesn't show links to diff pictures a consistent way
- -changed, asked in bug report for clarification
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/38100 - Unified diff in gerrit
- -still valid, not much happening upstream
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/38144 - ""Expand 10 before"" and ""Expand 10 after"" broken on some pages
- -still an issue
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/38335 - Source code highlighting confused in diff view
- -cannot reproduce, left a question
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/40021 - Blank page on comparing a file over two commits
- -Can confirm in Firefox and IE 9
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/40241 - Gerrit doesn't highlight ""elseif""
- Upstream Bug: http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=449
- --Dup of: http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=251
- Says fix was released
- Close? Maybe not. Error in highlighting is still valid.
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/40640 - [ and ] shortkeys not working in Gerrit
- -clarified summary, seems to be still an issue
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/40793 - Navigating between files gets exponentially more slow
- -found the upstream ticket, still valid
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/40941 - Default font size for diff not readable
- -small but works for me. Preferences... clarified summary.
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/44932 - Return key doesn't work with the ""Add Reviewer"" button in Gerrit
- -Added a comment with steps that should allow you to add a reviewer using the return key
- https://bugs.wikimedia.org/45163 - Gerrit: Comment parser for "r123" should not interrupt in-word (e.g. urls)
- -commented on by MatmaRex