The first battery of user tests have completed against the Winter prototype. I have included links to all of them in the testing section on the main Winter page.
All tests are annotated, but highlights are included in-line.
The primary take-aways are:
- No tester had difficulty recognizing the search bar.
- All testers quickly grasped the in-page context action ribbon.
- Several testers expressed surprise that Wikipedia had discussions, which lends even more credence to the idea that Vector tabs are effectively invisible.
- The "Cancel" button from the editor may need work.
- All testers found their way to the contributions page, even when faced with bugs/difficulties. They just did it in other routes.