The MediaWiki interface is the entirety of the output HTML code of a wiki page except the body text itself. The interface includes the tabs above each page, the side bar, and personal links.
Localizing the interface 
The default interface for many languages is defined in the MediaWiki localization files, and will update automatically if the language set by $wgLanguageCode or if a user's preferences is changed.
You can edit the text strings and images displayed for the current user interface language via the special page Special:Allmessages. For more information on this page and editing these messages, please see:
- Manual:System messages
- meta:Help:System messages
- translatewiki.net, the MediaWiki localisation project
Customizing the interface 
Depending on one's requirements and programming expertise, there are several different customization techniques available:
- Skins: Fundamental changes to the layout of the interface may require attaching functions to one or more skin hooks and/or the creation of a custom skin. For more information, please see Manual:Skins.
- /Stylesheets: improve layout and design using CSS.
- /IDs and classes: a list of common IDs and classes.
See also 
- Manual:Forms - discusses how to add forms to both the interface and within the body of articles.
|Language:||English • Deutsch • 日本語 • polski|