Wikimedia Technology/Goals/2018-19 Q4
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Technology Departmental programs
- 2.1 TEC1: Reliability, Performance, and Maintenance
- 2.2 TEC2: Modern Event Platform
- 2.3 TEC3: Deployment Pipeline
- 2.4 TEC4: PHP7 Migration
- 2.5 TEC5: Scoring Platform
- 2.6 TEC6 Address Infrastructure Gaps
- 2.7 TEC7: Environmental Sustainability
- 2.8 TEC8: Search Platform
- 2.9 TEC9: Address Knowledge Gaps
- 2.10 TEC10: Build Technical Community
- 2.11 TEC11: Support Fundraising Activities
- 2.12 TEC12: Developer Productivity
- 2.13 TEC13: Code Health
- 2.14 TEC14: Smart Tools for Better Data
- 3 Cross-departmental programs
The Technology Department has a number of annual goals in support of the Wikimedia Foundation's Annual Plan; this work is detailed in the Annual Plan. Our remaining work falls into four broad areas—foundational, sustaining, supporting our technical community, and supporting the overall community health.
All Technology programs fall under the primary goal of Knowledge as a Service/Foundational Strength - evolve our systems and structures, with the exception of TEC5: Scoring Platform and TEC9: Address Knowledge Gaps which fall under the primary goal of Knowledge Equity - grow new contributors and content.
Purpose of this document
Goals for the Wikimedia Technology department, for the third quarter of fiscal year 2018–19 (January - March 2019). The goal owner in each section is the person responsible for coordinating completion of the section, in partnership with the team(s) and relevant stakeholders.
Goals for the Audiences department are available on their own page
ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) fields may use the acronym EOQ (End of Quarter) or EOY (End of Year).
Status fields can use the following templates: To do, In progress, Blocked, Postponed, Stalled, Partially done, or Done
Technology Departmental programs
- Goal Owner: John Bennett
- Detailed status here.