Wikimedia Security Team/Office Hours
The Security Team is pleased to begin offering Office Hours starting in March 2020. Our hope is to provide an easy and welcoming environment where we can discuss your questions, concerns, and ideas regarding Security services at the Foundation. We hope you'll drop in and visit with us.
Security Office hours are offered to educate and engage with the WMF community on security related issues. We will be offering informational presentations covering a wide variety of topics with time reserved for discussion. When a presentation is not scheduled, we will spend the hour exploring your security related questions. These can be general security questions, inquiries regarding the services we provide, etc. * Please note that the purpose of the office hour is to answer your questions during the scheduled hour. Questions related to current or upcoming projects that will likely require ongoing discussion should follow our RFS process so that we can ensure proper review and resourcing.
How to attend
We will be available monthly on every fourth Thursday, at 18:00 (UTC). A calendar event with joining and agenda information is available on the WMF Staff Calendar.
- Hangouts Meet: https://meet.google.com/cyn-abhi-pxj
- Join by phone: +1 978-308-2576 PIN: 613 013#
- Please let us know, if possible, that you plan to attend and very broadly what you would like to discuss in the table below:
|Name||Questions or topic of discussion|
|1.||John Bennett||Risk Management|
The next office hour will take place on
- Thursday, February 25, 2021
Recordings (in Google Drive)
- "Security Awareness for Everyone" presented by John Bennett on September 24, 2020
- "Unified Security Model" presented by John Bennett on July 23, 2020
- "Privacy in Action (Now with 200% more Roadmap!)" presented by James Fishback on June 11, 2020
- "What is risk?" presented by John Bennett on May 8th, 2020