Wikimedia Release Engineering Team/MediaWiki on Kubernetes/Meeting notes/2021-03-24
- IRC: #mediawiki-mw-on-k8s connect
TODOs from last time
- Start thinking about deployment strategy for m8s, both for legacy deployments and the eventual k8s-only deployments
- Not quite ready for a proposal but we'll be there soon
- Dan: I'll be out on paternity leave in early May for a few weeks. Who wants to take over as lead for this meeting? Dancy will lead.
Giuseppe out the next two weeks. Dancy out next week.
- PipelineLib patch to support copying out of run containers to the local context
- Include security patches in restricted image
Question from Giuseppe:
- Does the pipelinelib build process ensure that the latest "latest" base images are used (i.e., always pull).?
- Dan checked. Looks like docker build --pull is used.
- We have an initial chart for MediaWiki to use in production - still amply to test
- Would be nice to progressively add pieces to allow running a local dev wiki with that chart
- All k8s clusters are now reinitialized and upgraded.
- shellbox chart under review