At our offsite we broached the idea of doing a lunch and learn series for the team.
QTE reading club - Explore It! -- Reduce Risk and Increase Confidence with Exploratory Testing (part 3) by User:ZFilipin_(WMF).
QTE reading club - Explore It! -- Reduce Risk and Increase Confidence with Exploratory Testing (part 2) by User:ZFilipin_(WMF).
Chess basics by User:ZFilipin_(WMF). Learn how to move the pieces, the basics of openings, middle game and endgames, strategy and tactics... Watch me play (and likely lose) against bots and people. For more information see my Learning Chess in 2021 blog post. This is beginner-friendly talk. You don't have to know anything about chess to attend.
QTE reading club - Explore It! -- Reduce Risk and Increase Confidence with Exploratory Testing (part 1) by User:ZFilipin_(WMF).
QTE reading club - Lessons Learned in Software Testing: A Context-Driven Approach (part 2) by User:ZFilipin_(WMF).
QTE reading club - Lessons Learned in Software Testing: A Context-Driven Approach (part 1) by User:ZFilipin_(WMF).
QTE reading club - Perfect Software -- And Other Illusions about Testing by User:ZFilipin_(WMF).
Jaime Crespo on Backups
Janis Meybohm on Dragonfly image distribution Q&A
Lars on virtual machines
- how to install Debian in a virtual machine under virt-manager
- managing virtual machines with virt-manager
- managing virtual machines with Lars's vmadm tool
- creating custom virtual machine images with Lars's vmdb2 tool
- How to write a train summary email.
- How to journal (http://demo-journal.liw.fi/)
- Backup techonlogy (http://git.liw.fi/wmf-talks/tree/2021-05-24-backup-tech.md)
- Counting (no knowledge of mathematics required) by Dom
- Presentation: File:Lunch_and_Learn_26-04-21_Combinatorics.pdf
- A Guide to Falling Down by User:JHuneidi_(WMF)
- Getting Things Done by Lars Wirzenius
- w:Cal Newport's Deep Work by User:ZFilipin_(WMF)
- Yubikeys by Lars Wirzenius
- PHP for the Reluctant by Brennen Bearnes (task T260265)
- Focus: Foundations of PHP's success, language basics, common traps to keep an eye out for while reviewing & debugging.
- Quibble - MediaWiki's CI runner by Antoine Musso
- Train dev environment by Lars Wirzenius
- Advanced Phabricator Usage by Mukunda Modell
Present a Lunch and Learn
Here is the emergent process for scheduling a lunch and learn.
- Check your calendar, you should have a standing Lunch and Learn invite every 2 weeks
- Find the next calendar event that does not have a speaker
- Add the date to this page, along with your name and the subject of your lunch and learn
- Modify the calendar event with information about your talk — your name, the title of your talk, and a link to your slides (if there are any)
- Store slides in the shared
Engineering Productivity/Lunch and Learnfolder on Google drive OR post them publicly on the internet or on wiki and link them from this page.
- Advanced phab usage
- Gerrit repo layout and advanced command line usage
- Quibble overview and how tos
- Contributing to Scap: how to run the test suite, how to write intergration tests, planned radical changes.
- A demo of the current status of the train-dev environment
- Helm test: what is it; what's possible; how does it work?
- Dan's favorite knots
- Why you don't want to run a marathon and other running advice -- Željko
- Alphabet Workers Union, a Case Study -- Dan