Wikimedia Engineering Productivity Team/Lunch and learn
At our offsite we broached the idea of doing a lunch and learn series for the team.
(tentative) Janis Meybohm on Dragonfly image distribution Q&A
Nova Runda craft brewery virtual tour!
Lars on virtual machines
- how to install Debian in a virtual machine under virt-manager
- managing virtual machines with virt-manager
- managing virtual machines with Lars's vmadm tool
- creating custom virtual machine images with Lars's vmdb2 tool
- How to write a train summary email.
- How to journal (http://demo-journal.liw.fi/)
- Backup techonlogy (http://git.liw.fi/wmf-talks/tree/2021-05-24-backup-tech.md)
- Counting (no knowledge of mathematics required) by Dom
- Presentation: File:Lunch_and_Learn_26-04-21_Combinatorics.pdf
- A Guide to Falling Down by User:JHuneidi_(WMF)
- Getting Things Done by Lars Wirzenius
- w:Cal Newport's Deep Work by User:ZFilipin_(WMF)
- Yubikeys by Lars Wirzenius
- PHP for the Reluctant by Brennen Bearnes (task T260265)
- Focus: Foundations of PHP's success, language basics, common traps to keep an eye out for while reviewing & debugging.
- Quibble - MediaWiki's CI runner by Antoine Musso
- Train dev environment by Lars Wirzenius
- Advanced Phabricator Usage by Mukunda Modell
Present a Lunch and Learn
Here is the emergent process for scheduling a lunch and learn.
- Check your calendar, you should have a standing Lunch and Learn invite every 2 weeks
- Find the next calendar event that does not have a speaker
- Add the date to this page, along with your name and the subject of your lunch and learn
- Modify the calendar event with information about your talk — your name, the title of your talk, and a link to your slides (if there are any)
- Store slides in the shared
Engineering Productivity/Lunch and Learnfolder on Google drive OR post them publicly on the internet or on wiki and link them from this page.
- Advanced phab usage
- Gerrit repo layout and advanced command line usage
- Quibble overview and how tos
- Contributing to Scap: how to run the test suite, how to write intergration tests, planned radical changes.
- A demo of the current status of the train-dev environment
- Helm test: what is it; what's possible; how does it work?
- Dan's favorite knots
- Why you don't want to run a marathon and other running advice -- Željko
- Alphabet Workers Union, a Case Study -- Dan