Wikimedia Release Engineering Team/Clinic duty
This page is a draft and does not align with reality in any way
Release Engineering Team (RelEng) clinic duty is a rotating position that is responsible for triage and response for incoming tasks in addition to common maintenance tasks.
The RelEng clinic duty team is analogous to
- Respond to any UBN! that's been tagged with our team
- Triage Release Engineering INBOX
- Triage Release Engineering TODO INBOX
- This is all on the RelEng Phab Dashboard
- Update the instructions for triage for our team as appropriate
- Redirect or handle "hey releng"-type requests in #wikimedia-releng
- Gerrit permissions/repos
- CI allowlist additions
- Phabricator 2FA resets
- Add to our shared collections of runbooks as you answer questions
Folks will rotate into and out-of this position every 2 weeks. Ideally, we could keep folks away from train and away from clinic duty for a month at a time.
Some potential metrics that might be interesting to track to determine the impact of this position.
- Number of untriaged tasks
- Wait time for CI allowlist/repo creation/etc.
- Average open time of tasks
- Number of tasks closed